Flying with Protein Powder

Lady Lithia
on 12/3/07 12:09 pm
Okay so my topic line sounds like the name of a rock band or something. :)  I am flying to California in ten days and will be there four days. I really am grumpy when I go a day without a protein shake (or two) and am wondering... can I take protein samples with me in my carryon? I won't be checking luggage on the outbound trip. Just carryon.  Was just curious if anyone knows.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 12/4/07 4:00 am - Tucson, AZ
Are the samples ones that you purchased or just in a baggie?  I would call the airlines and ask.  When I flew I just took protein foods with me.  They will allow food if it is in a baggie or is brand new.  You could take jerky, nuts, trail mix, etc.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Lady Lithia
on 12/4/07 7:44 am
I figured out my dilemma... I'll just hit up a local GNC or other type shop whlie in California. Often simple solutions elude me. :)  Good suggestions! I'll bring my nuts with. :)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Azskyprincess
on 12/4/07 1:53 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
flight attendant to the rescue ...Yes YOU can take protein powder wtih you...
MARY OTU
on 12/5/07 4:13 am - PHOENIX, AZ
When I fly I take the New-whey vials. No fuss,no muss and easy to take. Just make sure that you pull them out of your luggage to show the security. Mary
JRinAZ
on 12/5/07 5:15 am - Layton, UT
Mary! Soooooo goood to see your smling face on the boards!  How are YOU?  Is Otu better?  Can the 2 of you join us for brunch next Saturdyay the 15th?  It would be great to catch up!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active