Does anyone have Cigna Open Access?

babytamtam
on 12/2/07 8:19 am - Phoenix, AZ

Morning everyone!  I am just starting my process for WLS.  I have the cigna open acess program.  I have heard the stories about Cigna and I am trying to be prepared.  I ready the entire Bariatric section all 28 pages but it doesen't list specifics about anything.  I tried calling them to find out more info but they gave me general answers.  How am I do to it right when I'm not sure what I should be doing? Am I suppose to wing it and then when they deny me then fix all the mistakes?  If anyone has any info please share. THanks!

westvalley
on 12/2/07 11:13 pm - Glendale, AZ
Morning! I use to have them. Let me know if this helps or if it was what you were looking for? http://www.cigna.com/customer_care/healthcare_professional/c overage_positions/medical/mm_0051_coveragepositioncriteria_b ariatric_surgery.pdf Or go here and click medical the go to B then look for bariatric surgery. http://www.cigna.com/customer_care/healthcare_professional/c overage_positions/index.html If you can't click the links let know and I can just copy it for you. ***HUGS*** }i{ Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/07 3:26 am - AZ

Hello I had it at the time of my surgery. My husband worked for Fed Ex, he now works for the city of Phoenix. I had no problems with Cigna, they covered everything, sleep study and even the psych consult. It really depends on the group and how much they cover. My paperwork was submitted on Thursday and I got the approval call on Monday!! Good Luck...Erin

babytamtam
on 12/3/07 11:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! I actually have a copy of that already.  I read it many times and I still had questions.  I called Cigna 2 times and both times they gave me answers I already knew.  I am learning a ton from this site and I meet with my pcp in 2 weeks to get it all started.
westvalley
on 12/3/07 9:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
What specific questions did you have?
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Most Active