I am almost there!!! Need help choosing starters..

SisterMadly
on 12/1/07 11:24 am
Hi all!  My surgery is just a few short days away.  I was able to get my pre-op done last Wednesday.  My advice to everyone who has not had it yet:  Bring someone to drive you home.  After going 12 hours withou****er and losing 7 or 8 vials of blood (I lost count) I was flat out loopy.  I did drive myself home, and got lost a few times along the way.   Does anyone have some favorite products to recommend to me for starters?  Favorite chewable vitamin?  Protein supplement?  Favorite post-op meal choices?  Calcium Supplement?  Kind of Tums (or is that the calcium supplement)?  There are so many to choose from, I don't know what to get!  Thanks everyone!! Anna
Beckmo
on 12/1/07 12:19 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am totally with you on everything.  I am so excited to get started on this new lifestyle change and my emotions are going crazy.   I just want to get going.  I am a little nervous about things but very excited to get started.  I thought I would have to be on clear liquids for 2 weeks, but thank heavens it is not.  I was real impressed with the education people and support there.  It is hard to hear everyone having surgery before me, but the day will come... eventually.  I am just excited.   I got liquid vitamins at Costco but I haven't tried them yet.  I did try a protein drink called Muscle Milk - Vanilla... it wasn't too bad.  I will probably buy the powder so I can mix it in well to other things.  I liked the idea of the Carnation instant breakfast drink.. haven't tried it.  I did get some protein vials that has 42gr of protein in the 3ozs.    Wish I could suggest more... but I am right behind you in learning what is good, works, etc. Becky
SisterMadly
on 12/1/07 12:40 pm
Where did you get the protein vials?  I may have to get a costco membership before this is all over.  Hopefully I will get more replies here for the both of us!  It looks like I will be on my way out as you are coming in.  Best wishes!!   Anna
Lady Lithia
on 12/1/07 2:59 pm
My favorite protein powder is Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel... super yummy just with water, mixes easily without clumps (with a spoon, no blender necessary) . I don't know much about the vitamins though. I'm still over a month away from submitting my paperwork.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

pwrightt
on 12/2/07 12:09 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I had to laugh when I read your post. After the pre-op I sat in my car for about a 1/2 hour just to get my bearings. They took so much blood out I thought they were vampires. I agree. Have someone drive you home. I personally believe the pre-op was harder then the actually operation. To this day I still take Centrum Chewable vitamins. Buy the protein samples. Your taste buds will change after the surgery. Don't waste a lot of money on something you may not like later. Good luck Pam
SisterMadly
on 12/2/07 2:09 am
Where do you get these protein samples?   Thank you so much.  If what you say about preop being worse than surgery, I am so relieved!!! Centrum Chewables...got it!
pwrightt
on 12/2/07 3:33 am - PHOENIX, AZ
There are two websites. I forgot which one I ordered from. It was either vitalady or the bariatric website. I'm having a hormone movement (memory forgettness). I hope someone else on the board can tell you the website.  Yes for me the pre-op was totally worse then the actually surgery. I can't believe how they have us do all that testing in one day. It was a lot Pam
SisterMadly
on 12/2/07 3:35 am

Thanks.  I am getting very nervous!! 

Lady Lithia
on 12/2/07 4:51 am
www.vitalady.com  they're great! They have all kinds of samples, I've found some definate favorites! They're cheaper than the Vitamine shoppe but then there's shipping.  Good good stuff! :)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active