Myoview Stress Test?

Stephen D.
on 11/30/07 11:04 am - Yuma, AZ
Hi everyone.  I'm schedule for RNY on January 23 and I recently received my pre-op packet from Scottsdale Bariatric.  Well it says that they are missing my  Cardiac Consult/Clearance paperwork and it mentions a myoview stress test among other things.  Does anyone know what this test is and whether it is really required.  I needed to get cardiac clearance before my insurance would approve the surgery so I saw a cardiologist, but he only performed an EKG and an Echocariogram to right a letter of clearance.  I sent an email to the pre-op team's email address and I don't want anything to get in the way of my surgery date.  I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give. 
M. clarke
on 11/30/07 12:53 pm
I would give them a call on Monday and find out what you need scheduled. Sounds like you still have plenty of time to get things done. Dr. Blackstone may require more things then your insurance company did. She is extremely cautious.  I would also recommend you keep copies of all your test. I didn't have any problems but I have heard others on the board state that they got to the hospital only to find out their doctors or the hospital didn't have copies of tests they needed. So you want to make sure on the day of the surgery you have copies of everything on you in case the hospital doesn't have something. Good luck with your surgery!!! It is kinda nice you get to enjoy the Holiday's before, but also probably hard also because I know Dr. Blackstone wants all her patients to lose weight. I had mine over a year ago, but it was the beginning of November and it was hard to miss out on the Holidays last year so I am really enjoying all the yummies this year! Please keep us posted as to your progress!
Stephen D.
on 11/30/07 1:32 pm - Yuma, AZ

Thanks for the advice.  I will give them a call.   Enjoy your holiday yummies!  Just curious, are you able to sample most of the yummies that you want at over a year out?  I'm wondering what to expect.

M. clarke
on 12/1/07 6:14 am
Yes I can and do eat sugar, fat, yummies. To much of them and I do get sick, sleepy, nauseated, but in moderation I can eat anything I want to. The only thing that I can still not handle is alcohol. I was told that 1 shot of alcohol would be like 3 shots to us and best for us to not have it at all. I did try a mixed drink about a few weeks ago. It was more like 1 drink was like 12 drinks. I was completely wasted drinking a 1/2 a drink, and that was really not what I was going for.  So just be really careful if and when you try alcohol after surgery.
quiltz
on 11/30/07 1:34 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I looked this up on line and it refers to a stress test done with medications when the patient is unable to do a treadmill test as is the case with most obese patients.  I had this done as part of my work-up.  It was done by the cardiologist.  I don't know if Dr. B is still using Heartcare, but that is who did mine.  It was very easy.
ginau
on 12/2/07 1:50 pm - mesa, AZ
Stevephen  Also Known as a chemical stress test - they do a 6 min infusion to  see how your heart does under intensity , I did mine at Scotts shea - 2 day test !   Fot me - this was the worst  part of my  preop testing .  But better safe than sorry !!!  Get it done asap -
Stephen D.
on 12/4/07 8:56 am - Yuma, AZ
Thanks for the information.  I spoke to the doctor's office today and they said that I didn't have to have the myoview stress test if my cardiologist already cleared me for surger based on the test that he performed.  I'm relieved!
Most Active