Hello it's me again!

Zaytune
on 11/28/07 2:52 am, edited 11/28/07 2:54 am
Hi All! Hope everyone is doing well today , or at least better than yesterday !     So I have finally pulled my hubby on board w/ the possibility of my getting WLS. I usually DON"T tell folks what he does unless I am asked,but he's a MD here in the valley. So  it was a big deal to him to  even consider my getting the surgery! As we all know and Drs especially, every surgery  from the  most mundane/ routine to the most complex can have serious consequences/complications. Please don't get me wrong, I am not implying that other spouses don't take it seriously, I'm just saying he has seen things, that hopefully no one  here has ever had to deal with! He's a  worry wort when it comes to me! I told him that he was gonna have to "let go" of his fears/ concerns and allow for me to do what was best and right for me!    His "nerves" ,I think, were brought on by what happened after the birth of my youngest child. We had a scare, earlier this year, when my c-section incision opened and became infected...thank God after about 6 weeks it cleared up, but still it was not pleasant. My DH was very concerned about the incision infection spreading to the fat layer (not good, at all, if this happens)..thank God we caught it in time and my OB was able to get me on meds. It was probably one of the more harrowing times in our lives. Our family lives over 2,000 miles away and we don't have too many close friends out here (we have lived here for about 3 yr now)...so to even entertain the idea of something horrible happening to me w/ such young kiddos, was extremely upsetting to say the least!    I will never know the names or faces, but a BIG THANKS goes out to WLS candidates, who have had to go to him for  clearance. He has been inspired by some of his patients stories of their journey to WLS! It's because of these nameless faceless people( to me) that shared w/ him while in his care, that he has been "brought into the light"...I can not tell you how nice it is to have him finally be on the same page w/ me :jump:   so  a huge hug & "THANKS" to whomever they may be!   Anyway to make  long story longer we are planning on attending an info seminar this Sat!!    For those of you that read all of this thanks for allowing me to share! I'm glad I found this site!
westvalley
on 11/28/07 4:32 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks for joining OH! I have found tremendous support and info on this site. Hope all goes well and pls keep in touch. It will be nice to walk along side you in your weight loss journey. ***HUGS*** }i{ Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
M. clarke
on 11/28/07 7:10 am
Congrats on getting your hubby's support! And welcome to the site!
Most Active