Has anyone had a "last minute" pre-op?

SisterMadly
on 11/26/07 10:34 am
Hey all.  I had a really bad tummy virus, (which turned out to be contagious because the rest of my family ended up with it. ) and had to cancel my Pre-Op.  This was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  I left messages to reschedule on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.  No one called me back.  Finally today I got a hold of Dr. J's office and they said to call Pre-Op scheduling and tell them I need something ASAP, and so I did, and she (Kathy)  said I am sorry, but you are going to have to reschedule your surgery.  So, I called Dr. J's office back, and told them that.  Nicole (used to be Diane) sounded angry, not at me, but angry, and said Dr. J would have to talk to Pre op and for me to call her tomorrow.  I did not get a chance to ask questions, but I was wondering if someone else could do the Pre-op.  I feel very badly about the whole thing.  I really don't want to reschedule the surgery, because she said I was looking at January or February.  I just don't know what to do at this point.  I really want to go ahead with the surgery but I don't want to be a problem either, and I feel like if I push for this, I may regret it.  Has anyone else had a similar thing happen?  Oh, well.  Thanks for listening, y'all.      I believe things happen for a reason, and I cannot help but think someone is trying to tell me not to have this surgery.
flyrep
on 11/27/07 6:17 am - AZ
I had mine done within two weeks of WLS> They told me the same thing. Just use your voice and make it be known that you can not do WLS in JAn nor Feb. I had to call Dr. J's office to info them that the hospital did not want to get my per opt done. I had a death in the family and had to redo the date. His office took care of me. As long as Dr. J has the all the pre opt testing back b4 you wls you will be fine. Try not to worry, everything will work itself out. :)

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

SisterMadly
on 11/27/07 6:41 am
Hey Shannon!  How are you feeling?  Nicole worked her magic and got me an appointment tomorrow at 11 am.  That is going to be a hungry and thirsty day for me but I am not complaining!  I was so happy to find out!!!  Last night I was really starting to wonder if someone was trying to tell me not to do it.  Now that I have my appointment, and did my "teacing class" today, I am getting very, very excited!!!     Next Wednesday I have my surgery and I will be so happy to be on the losing side!!!  I am starting to have all these stupid "Oh man, I am going to miss that food" moments, but I am working through it.   I hope you are feeling better and can keep water down now.
flyrep
on 11/27/07 6:51 am - AZ
This is great news! Im glad it all worked out. I thought it would! Im feeling better. Everthing is staying down and Im not getting sick. My girls have colds and Im starting to feel like Im getting one myself but other then that Im fine.  Again Im so glad you where able to get this done! Just wait soon you will start to feel healthy and be on the losers side!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active