SBC & Dr. Gunsberger

beckipoohbear
on 11/26/07 2:22 am - AZ
I noticed a post a couple of weeks ago in that whole angry mess of conversation that said Dr. Gunsberger was no longer with SBC.  I went to the SBC website and I don't see her listed as staff anymore.  Does anybody know what happened here?  My curiousity has gotten the best of me.
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

cybird
on 11/26/07 5:36 am - Queen Creek, AZ
I saw her on the 13th when I had my appt. ???
BoneyMaroney
on 11/26/07 10:35 am
I saw her on the 13th too for my unfil but she is not there now.  I was there last Wed. for a refil with her but she is gone now.

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
Maureen O.
on 11/26/07 11:35 am - Glendale, AZ
I had an appointment with her today and she was gone.  Melissa said she is no longer with them but didn't say why. Maureen

Myspace CodesMyspace, Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes

westvalley
on 11/26/07 11:57 pm - Glendale, AZ
Wasn't she just doing a fellowship there? I could be totally off....
cybird
on 11/27/07 5:49 am - Queen Creek, AZ
I have heard that Dr. Blackstone is very demanding and will not put up with anything short of excellence not only on her staff but also the whole bariatric unit at Shea. This is good for us as patients but I wonder and this is just my opinion but I wonder if it drove her off? 
beckipoohbear
on 11/27/07 7:49 am - AZ
I was wondering the same thing, which is why I asked the initial question.  I'm attending the online support group tonight, we'll see if anything is mentioned.
Deanne K.
on 11/27/07 8:19 am - Tucson, AZ
I was there on the 15th and Dr. Blackstone was running out the door to do emergency surgery on a lap band patient.  Wonder if this had anything to do with it?  Who knows.  She does expect excellence and I really don't blame her for demanding it as it is her reputation on the line and her Center of Excellence designation.
M. clarke
on 11/28/07 7:09 am
WOW! This board cracks me up sometimes. The woman left for her own reasons. If we were meant to know why we would. Lets not start rumors or make up assumptions about things we know nothing about. Lets give her the respect we as intelligent woman would want in the same position and not start idle talk and gossip. Especially when she isn't here to defend herself. Sorry to be so blunt.
cybird
on 11/29/07 3:39 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Liss No rumors from me. Only an observation. Don't take it so personal. For whatever reason she left she will be missed. How do you know she left for her own reasons? I do hope that is the case but I hope for the sake of future patients Dr. Blackstone can find someone sooner than last time. :)
Most Active