I'll try this again!

Zaytune
on 11/24/07 12:31 am
Hello... I am A 37 yr old SAHM to 4 little ones ages 6 mos to 5 yrs! I have been married for 7 & 1/2 yrs. I have lived in the valley for 3 years; I moved here from MI. I have gained 100 lbs since becomming pregnant w/ my first , in Dec of '01 anybody out there know if United health Care Choice Plus covers lap band?  I hope  to utilize Dr. Blackstone.
Robin O.
on 11/24/07 4:16 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX

Sorry, I am not familiar with the insurance or what their coverage is.  You may call them and see what they cover, I am sure they can let you know.  Do you have access to their webpage online?  Maybe you can check on there what they cover. 

Lori Jo H.
on 11/24/07 6:22 am, edited 11/24/07 6:22 am - phoenix, AZ
My  insurance would cover it, which was united health care choice plus.  BUT...some of the plans have exclusions.  My husband and I have the same insurance exactly, but my would not cover the procedure and his would.  Best thing to do would be to call.  Good Luck!!
BoneyMaroney
on 11/24/07 10:29 am
Sometimes it depends on who you get on the phone.  I called my insurance once and they said they didn't cover lap band but then I called back the next day and they said they did.  Get the insurance code from the doctor when you call their approval hot line. 

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
Cassi J.
on 11/24/07 10:34 am - AZ
I would try calling Dr. Blackstone's office.  They generally know exactly who covers what, which plans cover them, etc. Good luck!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

flyrep
on 11/24/07 12:38 pm - AZ
I think they do..... But what I have to say please educate yourself on all ave's of Lap band and all other WLS. Once you have WLS your life and body is forever changed. Blackstone takes United Health. I would also think about calling United and asking them which doctors they contract with and then do all you homework on each of them.  Hope this helps.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Azskyprincess
on 11/24/07 1:05 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I have United Health Care Choice and they paid 100 % but it was in my plan...I had to show that I have been over weight for 5 yrs and go for a Psy Eval ..and list every diet I had ever been on ...My BMI was 36.5 so I had to show that I had Co morbalities sp ?? and I did start to finish was 8 weeks ..I used Dr Simon they took care of everything...good luck Lisa
Zaytune
on 11/25/07 12:26 am, edited 11/25/07 3:47 am
Hi eveyone...thanks so much for the replies! I just had a bad case of "ants in my pants", when I posted!! I had been using Dr. Blackstones web site for a few weeks , but never seemed to get a response or confirmation to my inquiries.I will def call on Mon...I wonder if they know there are issues w/ the site??  I had been to MYUHC (insurance website) but couldn't seem to find the info i wanted. I decided Lap band would be better for me, because i haven't closed the book on having another child.  Again thanks for the repliesl; I'll keep you all poted
Cassi J.
on 11/26/07 5:29 am - AZ
People have had successful pregnancies after both Lap-Band and RNY, so be sure that you are choosing the surgery that is best for YOU overall. Good Luck!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Most Active