Thanksgiving blues !

ginau
on 11/22/07 12:01 am - mesa, AZ
I put a finger on why I am not enjoying the holidays as much ! while I love the be around family and wonderful friends ...  I am so sick of hearing all the food chit chat ..  I asked a niece yesterday about  going to a movie today - the response was  if we go she will miss the evening "pig out" Session !  the main focus at everyone's homes is ....... Will their be enough food ?? come on  you have a 18lb turkey a 15lb ham, 10lbs of potatoe's , 4 cans of yams, 4cans of corn, 5 diff pies. 6 loaves of bread  and a total of 10 people to feed !  Please tell me I am not alone feeling this way !!  
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/22/07 12:09 am - Tucson, AZ
I am right there with you.  I hate it when you go to a restaurant and can't order just what you want.  They always have to pile the food on the plate.  Joe and I are alone today.  My kids went their own way to other family.  That is fine with me.  We are making a ham, yams and mashed potatoes (Joe won't eat the yams), and a veggie.  I made the Turtle Pumpkin Pie for dessert.  It will probably last a week!!!!  If you were in Tucson, I would go to a movie with you.  I want to see Enchanted.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

ginau
on 11/22/07 1:05 am - mesa, AZ
Becky  thank You !  I fell better now..  I did take the easy way out .. I have to take breads and cheese to Brothers house ... I plan on arriving late and leaving early.  and stopping in at friends house's along the way..  We saw Beowulf yesterday - differant - but not good .  Hopefully  when X-mas comes  I will be home recovering from surgery and wont have to deal with the repeat ordeal.
M. clarke
on 11/22/07 4:46 am
My cat keeps walking over my hands and I keep having to type this post over again. She is very spoiled and wants all of my attention today, and she keeps messing up my post. This will be the 4th time trying to type this! Just wanted to stop by the forum and say happy turkey day to everyone! And I saw your post. Although I am very much in good spirits this year, Last year was a tough one for me as I wasn't mentally or emotionally prepared to deal with the food issues that came up. I locked myself in my room last year and avoided the entire holiday. At one point I even threw my sister in laws pies in the dumpster (Long story, but you can see where I was mentally!) SO my heart goes out to you. No you aren't alone. We have all been there at some point.  Keep working on your inner peace and relationship with food and eventually all that food chit chat won't bother you anymore. Until then I think you should do what ever you need to do for yourself to get through the holiday and take care of yourself! I hope everyone has a wonderful day with their friends, family, loved ones, or even with yourself! And most of all I hope everyone has something to be thankful for today.
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/07 8:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
Liss.....your new picture is ADORABLE!!!!!!  Look at you girl!  Happy Thanksgiving to you also!  Today I have so much to be thankful for....blessings to all!  Take care...deb
M. clarke
on 11/22/07 12:09 pm
awe shucks! :blush: Thanks Deb!!!!!! I hope you had a fantastic Day!
AliciaB
on 11/22/07 10:50 am - AZ
I hope you have made it through the day without to much stress. I am three months out and decided that this year if I can't eat I can serve. So went to Eloy and served dinner at the church dinner for less fortunate. I have signed up for the Christmas dinner as well. If was a wonderful looking dinner, served and then came home and put stuffed salmon on the grill.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Most Active