Surgery a no go for now

Robin O.
on 11/19/07 6:24 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
Well it looks like my surgery is cancelled and will not happen.  i guess this either means I picked the wrong surgeon or wrong place or time to have it done.  I am ready to give up and just live fat and happy.  This is not worth al the stress on me and my family.  So with this I will say farewell to the forum. 
MShawn62
on 11/19/07 7:35 am - Avondale, AZ
What happened!  I've have Dr. Villares and Tricare too.  Does this have anything to do with banner bariatric closing?  I'm sorry this is happening.  I hope we all have another avenue. Shawn
Robin O.
on 11/19/07 7:38 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
From what I been told today, Dr. Villares was "forced" to go on a Leave of Absense" from the hospital and is currently looking for another facility to use. 
Lady Lithia
on 11/19/07 8:09 am
I'm sorry to hear about this awful news for you. Before you give up completely, take a breather, then try to examine whether or not you want to live "fat and happy" or if you want to try to conquer the disease of obesity. If Dr. Villares is not going to work for you, try one of the other excellent surgeons in the area. 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Nicole W.
on 11/19/07 10:22 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I am not sure of your situation, but can you pick another surgeon? There are some other great surgeons in Arizona with wonderful programs.  Do not give up!

TinkerBell

westvalley
on 11/19/07 9:36 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi! Robin Sorry to hear the bad news. Please don't give up. You have come close to your goal of having surgery, please don't let this set back deter you. Are there other surgeons covered under your insurance? There are other great surgeons out here in AZ. I know it's a stressful and frustrating time, but just take one step at a time. Breathe......then explore your options. I really hope you don't leave the forum. We would hate to see you go. I am here if you want to just talk or vent. ***HUGS*** }i{ Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
azreggie
on 11/20/07 4:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Just spoke to one of the girls at his office, Banner closed so now he will be working out of Pleasent Valley Hospital.  Don't give up, I'm sure they will be calling us with Dates!

Reggie

lobagirl
on 11/20/07 5:08 am - mayer, AZ
HELLO: THIS IS GOOD NEWS FOR ME BECAUSE OF 2-3 HRS AGO ELENOR IN THE OFFICE DID NOT KNOW WHERE, WHEN, OR HOW.  CAN YOU GIVE ME MORE INFO ON THE CONVERSATION.  I WAS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY THE 3OTH.  WHERE IS PLEASENT VALLEY HOSPITAL? 
Nicole W.
on 11/20/07 2:16 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Never heard of Pleasant Valley...  is it Paradise Valley Hospital over on 40th Street and Bell Rd?

TinkerBell

azreggie
on 11/21/07 12:57 am - Tucson, AZ
Your right, its Paradis Valley Hospital.

Reggie

Most Active