Question about Scottsdale Bariatric Doctors

BoneyMaroney
on 11/16/07 10:17 am
Does anyone know Dr. Gunsberger's correct spelling of her name?  I can't seem to find any licensing information about her at all.  What is her full name anyone know?

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
westvalley
on 11/17/07 2:04 am - Glendale, AZ
Tanja Lea Gunsberger.  I went ot the AMA website and she is listed as a Non-member. I also found bit and pieces about her in a search. Try typing in her full name under yahoo and you should bring up the same info I did. Hope this helps. ***HUGS*** }i{ Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
quiltz
on 11/17/07 9:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Gunsberger is listed in several articles I found.  Among them was an interview done by her during the third year of her residency at Lutheran Hospital in New York City and a reference to a medical mission she went on to Honduras.  She is an D.O., not an M.D.  I feel very confident Dr. Blackstone researched the heck out of her since anyone not qualified would put Dr. B in a very dangerous legal situation.  Dr. Gunsberger has been very professional, competent and available to me both in the hospital and in the clinic setting.  She is doing a fellowship with Dr. B meaning she is getting additional training in bariatrics will under Dr. B's supervision.   She has finished her medical training and now is doing specialty training in bariatrics.  If you are having questions about her, please take the opportunity to talk to Dr. B.
BoneyMaroney
on 11/17/07 12:24 pm
ginau
on 11/18/07 12:33 am - mesa, AZ
Boney  Yes  people here are very protective of Dr Blackstone and her practice, including all the dr and staff who work with her. In the past people have been pretty down on S.B because of the long wait and  change in staff.  and have given some bad press !  I am sure yolu just wanted a spelling to send her a beautiful note or a referral - Please  excuse our defensive reactions  I have never met her - but hear she is awesome ..
quiltz
on 11/17/07 1:07 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Actually, the original question referred to "licensing information".  I'm sorry if you think I was being defensive.  Actually, I was trying to be of assistance.
BoneyMaroney
on 11/18/07 2:50 am
Nicole W.
on 11/17/07 4:41 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

What is a D.O. actually?  Maybe she is not listed on the Arizona Medical Board site because she just came to Arizona from New York? not sure. She did my gallbladder removal, with Dr. Blackstone's supervison... not sure if you met her, she is extremely thorough and explains everything.  Also has a great bedside manner. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

ginau
on 11/18/07 12:23 am - mesa, AZ
Nicole  A D,O, is an Ostepath doctor , their training is a little differant - they  learn more about muscle, nerves and skeletal sysytem , they  tend to perscribe  more physical therapy than a M.D.  BUT in the end they all take the same  test for their credentials .    Osteopathy is an approach to healthcare that emphasizes the role of the musculoskeletal system in health and disease. In most countries osteopathy is a form of complementary medicine, emphasizing a holistic approach and the skilled use of a range of manual and physical treatment interventions (Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, or OMM in the United States) in the prevention and treatment of disease. In practice, this most commonly relates to musculoskeletal problems such as back and neck pain. Many osteopaths see their role as facilitating the body's own recuperative powers by treating musculoskeletal or somatic dysfunction. According to the American Osteopathic Association, the difference between an osteopath and an osteopathic physician is often confused.[1] In the United States, Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.s) are fully licensed medical physicians and surgeons, practicing in all clinical specialties along with their M.D. colleagues . Just like M.D.s, D.O.s practice the full scope of medicine. The practice rights of U.S.-trained Doctors of Osteopathic medicine varies.
Nicole W.
on 11/18/07 3:04 am - Cave Creek, AZ

Thanks!  I hope that question wasn't too reactive? 

TinkerBell

Most Active