Banner Good Samaritan to close it's Bariatric Center and all support.

flyrep
on 11/14/07 2:52 pm, edited 11/14/07 2:53 pm - AZ
Post Date: 11/14/07 10:18 pm I think it is important for everyone to know that on Monday, November 12, 2007, Banner Good Samaritan (Phoenix, Arizona) announced it will close it's Bariatric Center and discontinue all support services effective January 1, 2008. From a post I just found. I will be calling to get the info as to the why's and what's. I'll inform ya all my findings.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

westvalley
on 11/14/07 9:46 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Sweetie! Wow that's very interesting but I thought it was weird when I heard that Dr Vallares (sp?) was no longer going to be associated with the Bariatric Center at Banner. Of course it wasn't confirmed so I brushed it off as a rumor but I guess it's all coming together now. I would love to get more info. I thought their program was doing good. It's kinda of funny because I interviewed about a month ago to work in their center...looks like I may not have had a job come January Anyway how are you? The products you have, I have tried. My friend is a consultant. Love the acne products. I tried Proactiv and well I won't go there so I was happy when she let me try her products. Good Luck! ***HUGS*** Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Deanne K.
on 11/15/07 1:20 am - Tucson, AZ
It sure seems like more and more practices are closing up, why? Deanne
Robin O.
on 11/15/07 5:26 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
I was just informed of this when I called to check the progess on any appointments needed.  I knew that they were trying to get the EGDs done at St Luke but not the whole surgery.  So now I am told that the surgery will be moved to St Luke's but maybe not the same day.  I have been dealing with this since Feb and I know I am to the end.  I guess Dr. Villares is due to talk to the hospital on Monday and so until then nothing else will be known.  So I guess now here is another case of hurry up and wait.  Please keep your fingers crossed that they can keep can still get me scheduled for the same day as I have family members flying in for the surgery as we have noone here.
westvalley
on 11/15/07 7:25 am - Glendale, AZ
I will keep you in my prayers Robin. I hope everything works out. I know a lot of people are disappointed by this and hopefully it won't cause too big of an inconvenience to their patients. Good Luck ***HUGS*** }i{ Julie
justcuz
on 11/15/07 12:21 pm - Maricopa, AZ

Hey Shannon, by chance do you happen to have the link to that original post or where you found it? I actually did mine with them. I know they were in the process of the exercise person leaving. Hmmm.  Interesting.

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

flyrep
on 11/18/07 1:05 pm - AZ
It was on the main page a few days ago... Im sorry I wish I could be more help!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Lady Lithia
on 11/15/07 1:05 pm
Well jeepers creepers! So Dr. Villares is now going to be operating out of St. Lukes? I had planned to have my surgery at Banner Good Sam.  This is an interesting wrench to throw into the works.   Will Dr. Villares still be doing bariatric surgery?  Since I'm on my six month diet, I have no concrete surgery date or plans, so I'm not thrown too much, but I've done the seminar and had the surgical consultation with Dr. Villares and I don't want to start from scratch! 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cassi J.
on 11/16/07 2:10 pm - AZ
I did my seminars (yeah, I went to two) at Good Sam, and I thought that was where I was having it (Juarez has privileges at both Good Sam and St. Luke's, but his office is at St. Luke's), because I knew that Banner hospitals were on my insurance.  Then, all of the sudden I get a call from St. Luke's to set up my pre-op procedures.  HUH???  Turns out that Juarez's office had submitted for my surgery to be at St. Luke's, and it was approved by my insurance.  Turns out St. Luke's is one of their in-network hospitals, I just didn't know that. So it looks like Juarez (and his partner, Fang) are beginning to cut their ties already. I'm surprised that Banner Good Sam is closing their bariatric program.  Didn't they just receive Center of Excellence designation?  What's up with that?  Weird.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

flyrep
on 11/16/07 2:37 pm - AZ
Sorry everyone for such the wait. I have a call into the hospital and should be hearing something soon! I will also touch base with Dr. J personally. I have been soo busy I can bearly keep up with my new bad self! lol Just wanted to log on and let ya guys know I didnt forget.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active