The way things are?!?!???

gawump
on 11/10/07 2:47 am - Farmington, NM

Hello Arizona! Sorry it has been so long since I checked in last...  I just never have time anymore.  I work 2 part time jobs, and I am a full time student and a first time Dad; all that adds up to one worn out individual.  Anyway, here is a quick update with me. I am doing better, food is not always my enemy anymore and my stomach is becoming familiar with food again.  I eat my three meals a day usually, and let me tell you, I am happier that I did this.  I only weigh about every 3 weeks, and at my last weight I was down 141.5 lbs, and I now wear a size 2 X shirt (I was in a 6X).  That's all pretty cool.  I interviewed for a couple of jobs with the NM office of the state engineer, and with the NM Environment Department.  I don't want either job really, but then again, they pay decent and have benefits.  I guess it is time to stop hoping for a job using my education, and going for something to support my family...  Yes everyone, I must grow up. I did get an e-mail about my application to grad school at NAU.  I got accepted for spring 2008.  The problem is that I did not receive any funding assistance.  This creates serious doubts in my mind that I will be able to attend.  But then isn't that the way things are? Marcie is doing great, except on days she works.  Baby withdrawal is pretty tough on her.  She has only been scheduled a couple of times.  I don't know why, perhaps they just don't need her like they used to. Arwyn is great!  She is growing so fast!  My little girl is so beautiful!  I cannot get enough of her.  I love spending my time with her.  I am one lucky Dad!  For Halloween, she got dressed up like a Jack-O-Lantern and we went around to our friends and family.  It was allot of fun.  She got baptized a couple of weeks ago at St. Johns here in town.  Now that I have her, I don't know why we waited so long to have a child.  She has made life complicated and difficult at times, but things are more vibrant and colorful because of her presence.  I love that little girl. Hope you all are doing well, and if I don't get back soon, happy thanksgiving.

Richard I

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

M. clarke
on 11/10/07 5:41 am
141 pounds already! WOW That is fantastic Richard!! Sounds like things are going a lot more smoothly for you, and sounds like your little girl is bringing both of you a tremendous amount of Joy!!  I bet she was absolutely adorable on halloween!! Congrats on your fantastic weight loss, and happy thanksgiving to you also!
quiltz
on 11/10/07 6:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
I always enjoy reading your posts.  Sounds like things are going great for the best part.  That baby has your firmly wrapped around her little finger....as she should!  I know what your wife is going thru when she works.  It is really a tougher adjustment than I thought it would be, but in time, things start to fit together better.  Here's hoping you get that funding for grad school.  You have worked so hard to get to this point, that shouldn't stop the train. 
Cassi J.
on 11/16/07 2:57 pm - AZ
This is OT, but here's a word of advice about grad school.  I took the grad school offer that provided full funding, only to find that it really wasn't the best fit for me.  I ended up leaving that program and choosing post-graduate work that I had to pay for myself (which meant more student loans), but in the end, I am glad I did. Follow your heart, not the funding.  You'll be glad in the end. 
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Lady Lithia
on 11/16/07 3:29 pm
Sound advice. :) My first attempts to go to grad school, as a fresh graduate, were disastrous! I was rejected everywhere I applied and I had stellar GRE scores and an excellent academic record. Happily for me I was turned down. The programs I was applying to weren't really a good fit, and I suppose it was obvious. Nine years after getting my BS in statistics, I finally got my MS in education, and boy was that degree a perfect fit.  The name of this post really throws me every time I read it. When I was in college the first time I wrote a book, and the title was "The Way Things Are"... :)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cassi J.
on 11/16/07 4:19 pm, edited 11/16/07 4:20 pm - AZ

Ooops!  I thought I was sending a PM to Lithia.  Sorry!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Most Active