I need help with protein

M. clarke
on 11/10/07 5:55 am
Lori, Are you nauseated just when you have the protein or nauseated in general? I had terrible nausea  post surgery and the only thing that helped was taking prescription medications to help with it. If your constantly nauseated you might want to talk to Randy about it and see about getting some help. Keep in mind that the better hydrated you are, and the more protein you get in, the less nauseated you will be. I know its a catch 22, your too sick to eat, and not eating makes you sicker. I remember all to well :( Hang in there! It really will get better!
Lori M.
on 11/11/07 4:07 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Melissa, I haven't been nauseous at all besides when I take the protein.  I don't know if it's like Joyce where it's because I was taking it on an empty stomach or what.  I did buy some Whey protein from GNC and drank that with some 1% milk.  Are we supposed to have milk?  I felt a little bleh afterwards but nothing like I was with the profect.  I think I may try a different flavor of the profect... my husband had me buy a bunch even though I told him it probably wasn't a good idea... so I have a lot left and I don't want them to go to waste.  I am going to try eating it with a little bit of something in my stomach and see if that helps.  That is horrible that you had so much trouble with your nausea!  Thanks for the advice!
M. clarke
on 11/11/07 9:41 am
Lori, Milk is okay if you can tolerate it. Some can, some can't.  They (our doctors office) say not to drink it because it has sugar and can cause dumping if you try it too soon after surgery. I was told if we could tolerate it then it was fine to mix with your protein. All of the profects are nasty, but some are more tolerable then others. They do offer a sample pack. You might try ordering that before ordering a big case of any one flavor.  The peach is the worst I think, which surprised me as I thought it would be the best. I coudln't even swallow it it was so terrible. The berry and melon one are least awful,  and the ones I tend to keep on hand. Everyones tastes differ or course.
Azskyprincess
on 11/10/07 9:11 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
My problem is when I drink it ...I was doing the Pure Protein shakes in a can ...before they were great...then I went to the Dr stuff ...I could not even get it down.....I tried Ispoure drinks OMG I thought I was going to die from the after taste...finally went back to Vit World spoke to Mrg ..I did buy a fruit punch bullet with 42 gr of pro and I was shocked it went down it tasted like Jello ..and it stayed down even after the bad start of day I had ...I think I learned today what ONE more tiny bite can do to you...I did buy some kind of stuff fuzzy Nector we shall see how that works tomm ...Thanks for all of the adivce...Lisa
Ginger
on 11/10/07 8:39 pm - Chandler, AZ
Lisa, Is the fruit punch bullet that you found at Vitamin World in a powder form?  I can tolerate jello...protein powder...not so much.  How much does it cost? Thanks! Ginger
desert rat
on 11/11/07 1:14 am - Goodyear, AZ
Ginger, The 42 gram bullet is New Whey and it is liquid about the consistancy of melted Jell-O.  But remember to drink only half of it at a time as our bodies can't absorb anything more that 25-30 grams all at once.  My hubby drinks half and puts it back in the fridge.  An hour later, he drinks the other half.  Such a small amount (half the tube) is really easy to get down especially when you're newly post-op. Good luck, Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
20candy07
on 11/11/07 6:14 am - Tolleson, AZ
GNC sells the protien bullets for 3.49 each.  They don't sell them in quantity boxes to save money.  Someone sent me a link to http://www.bariatriceating.com/   I couldn't find them at Costco.  I may have missed them or they were out.  New Whey Protein bullets is the name and they come in 3 flavors.  If you only have to drink 1/2 at a time  then I think these are a bargain and terribly easy to get down.  I cannot tolerate the protein powder because it tastes terrible and it doesn't agree with my system.  I get terrible hot flashes and othe digestive problems.  I also resorted to soy milk and the protein ....didn't work.   I also tried soy milk and just the powder mixture.  BIG YUK!   Hope this helps. Candy
ginau
on 11/11/07 7:16 am - mesa, AZ
Costco  has  bottle ( plastic white  w/ orange * red label)  that is liquid protein. Its not too bad. along same lines as the bullets - little more sour but at 7rams per ounce  and only about $20.00 per bottle  its a pretty good option, I keep one at home in fridge.  Try powders on and off , it seems I go through phases where it works better at differant times , also drinking the choc warm like coco with sf flavored syrup right now is doing great.
Azskyprincess
on 11/12/07 9:52 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
well I found what works for me only took me 2 weeks...I am doing one bullet 42 grams and one shake of nectur fuzzy navel ...really good if you mix it in the magic bullet with some strawberrys..I am trying to up my protein..so far today Im doing great...Lisa
deenie4
on 11/14/07 10:19 am
Hi.. If you like coffee, I found a really great protein drink that by Healthwise that I buy on mydietshopz.com. I first bought it at my doctor's office in Michigan where I had my surgery. It's 15g of protein and only 80 calories. Dena
Most Active