I need help with protein

Lori M.
on 11/9/07 1:11 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Hey Everyone!! I am having trouble with my protein.  I tried the isopure and drinking 20oz was just a little much so I ordered some profect.  The profect of course tastes worse but it's only 2.9oz.  The biggest problem I am having is I feel completely nauseous and have to lay down after I take it.  Because of this I haven't taken it every day because it's just a horrible feeling.  I know it's really important to get the protein in so I'm desperate to find out as much information as possible.. is this feeling going to go away??  Is there anyone that had this problem that has found a solution? In my information from Dr. Blackstone it doesn't say anything about not being able to use a powder protein but I thought I remembered during a class them saying that powder is not recommended.  I know they don't suggest protein bars because you don't get the necessary amount of protein needed and you fill up pretty fast on them. I don't know if I just need to continue with the profect and this nauseous feeling is going to go away sooner or later... I decided last night that if I took it right before I went to bed every night I could just go to bed sick every night.  Although that doesn't seem really exciting to me it's better then losing half my day being sick and feeling terrible.
JRinAZ
on 11/9/07 1:23 am - Layton, UT
Lori, You poor thing!  You don't need to tolerate nausea just to get your protein grams in!  There are zillions of options.  I have a dumping effect (reaction) to whey isolates and a few protein blends as well.  I"ve experiemented til I"ve found what works for me. Here's why I've found for me>..... I do better with whey blends so I stick with Matrix chocolate and drink it hot in the morning on my way to work (doctored with sugar free pepperimint and chocolate syrups).  I know I'll have kind of a sweat after wards but I just crank the a.c. up for a minute and it passes. If I chug a Profect at work then I always follow it with a BITE of something.  It seems that if the profect hits my pouch all by itself then I have a dizzy/ nausea thing too.  But, if I have like a triscuit and 2 cubes of cheese or some other very mini bite that I am good to go. Power proteins are excellent options.  I'd recommend going to www.vitalady.com Michelle has had weight loss surgery herself and has kept it off successfully for over 10 years.  She has researched the bejeebies out of what works for post- bariatric patient's and has the very bset products on her website at a great price.  I'd  suggest ordering one of her sample packets. Good luck.........keep up the protein grams so your energy doesn't take a dive and so the healing and losing continues!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/9/07 4:06 am - Tucson, AZ

Joyce,

Where do you buy your Matrix Chocolate?  I have ordered it from bariatriceating.com but thought there may be someplace local to get it.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 11/9/07 8:11 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Becky..... Your pumpkin only has one turkey to go!!!!!  Holy mashed potatoes girlfriend!  You are almost there! O.K. so the question was about the Matrix chocolate.....I order mine from Jeanna on this list!  She supplies me with my drug of choice!  LOL! She order in bulk for the Chandler buds (and others who contact her) and is so generous with her time that she often will even deliver!  She pays up front and then colelcts when you pick up! Give her a holler!  She just barely ordered but we usually gather an order about once a month or so.  My hubby and I both guzzle protein so we order bunches and bunches!  His fave is the Nectar Fuzzy Navel (tastes like Sunny D). Huggggzzzz to you in Tucson!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Azskyprincess
on 11/9/07 12:30 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Joyce can you buy those in a store or is an order deal only ...I can hardley get 20 oz of protein down a day and I am starting to worry...I was fine pre opp but day 11 I am just cant get it down Im down all day if I do ...Lisa
ginau
on 11/9/07 1:10 pm - mesa, AZ
Ladies  Its very hard to get in a lot of protein the first few weeks, It will take you abot 6 weeks before youget close to getting it all in.  I would suggest going to Gnc or Hi health and getting some unflavored whey  like UNJURY brand  and mix it into your chicken broth- makesl like a cream of Chicken soup,   Then just keep trying differant protein powders till you find one you like , Most o fthe nutrition stores  will sell sample packets , If you send me you address to to me - I will be happy to send you a few smaples I have on hand . ** warning the first few weeks they are just too sweet in flavor , the EAS is not so sweet .  But I am on Joyces plan and do enjoy the choc Matrix as hot cocoa !  add almond roca S.F. syrup and I am good to go.  
Azskyprincess
on 11/9/07 1:29 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Thank you I was starting to think I was the only person who could not get it down Dr didnt seem to be to worried...thanks I will hit them tomm Lisa
kreyvin38
on 11/10/07 7:27 am - AZ

We all struggle with this. keep your chin up  : )

moirap
on 11/10/07 12:27 am - Mesa, AZ
I use the EAS Advantedge carb controlled (CHOCOLATE FUDGE). Im sure you can get it at a health food store. I am lazy and get mine at sams club. It is already mixed containers. You can get a case of 24 for 25 bucks. It has 17 gms of protein and 110 calories, but it doesnt have a a very strong protein taste. I drink it very cold like a chocolate shake. I grab a shake and a straw and I am good to go. Good luck
yogibear
on 11/10/07 1:46 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
the whey protein i used early on was from trader joes but last time i checked each container was $11 - $12.  they had vanilla (which reminded me of the stale ice cream cones) and chocolate. 
Most Active