Mini Soapbox moment....

JRinAZ
on 11/8/07 10:49 pm - Layton, UT
A lovely new friend asked me the other day how I got to have so many friends.  Bless her heart!  I was flattered at the question but.......thought the answer was so simple I didn't dare say it cuz I didn't want to hurt her feelings. My opinion on why I am surrounded by amazing people - - - I seek them! I love them! Been to a support group lately?  Been to one of the events?  Posted lately? Give yourself the greatest gift in the world!  The love of good friends!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

David S.
on 11/8/07 11:59 pm
Joyce, Thanks for the posting.  Unfortunately, there seems to be a large correlation between becoming overweight and moving toward a lifestyle of social isolation.  Creating/maintaining relationships takes time and energy, but can be very, very rewarding. --Dave
Dave from AZ     
JRinAZ
on 11/9/07 8:16 am - Layton, UT
Dave! Good to see your handsome face posting again!  You need to give us a report on you and your lovely wife! You are sooooo right!  Friendship does require some work but y'know....that which is worthwhile takes some work.......no pain no gain.......life is what you make it........... O. K. O.K. O.K......y'all get the picture!  We all need to Take a baby step out of our comfort zones into a support group and let the magic happen! Voila!  Friendships!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

David S.
on 11/9/07 9:23 am
I'll make sure and do that.  I also need to take some more new pictures, as I've lost quite a bit of weight since my avatar and page have been updated.  Wife is also doing well, but I'll detail that in my post on the main board once I get some updated pictures.
Dave from AZ     
Most Active