Jan 1 changes everything - I think - maybe not?

ginau
on 11/6/07 12:27 pm - mesa, AZ
So here I sit thinking that Effective Jan 1st my health ins changes to Aetna and my wonderfull Dr Blackstone's office  does not accpet the insurance plan.  What am I going to do?? Can I live without quarterly check ups? I am over a year out after all !  I had a primary care appt today and discussed my fears with my Primary ... He did put my mind at ease - He is willing to follow my progress..... Yeah  -we talked today about more hair loss  and how many vitamins I take - He actually wrote me a script  for prenatals - He thinks it's worth a try and since he is pulling blood work  qrtly  he  can monitor and see if that is going to be a good solution ?  -  I filled em tonight - It's already cheaper than the usual amount of money I spend .  So wish me Luck .....
M. clarke
on 11/6/07 1:11 pm
I am a self pay for the surgery and all after care. I go through my primary for all of my check ups. The first year was paid for through my original payment with Dr. Blackstone so she did my checkups, but my primary also followed all my labs. My primary actually ordered things that Dr. Blackstone's office didn't. You really should be just fine with your primary. As far as quarterly check ups you can still see Randy if you want to. It is $75.00 for a visit. You don't have to do it quarterly. You could do it every 6 months or how ever often you can afford or feel you need to check in.
quiltz
on 11/6/07 1:56 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I hope you will be able to pay out of pocket if only once every 6 months.  Isn't is sad how big a role insurance plays in our lives and in our health?  I'm sure Dr. B doesn't participate with them for a reason.
ginau
on 11/6/07 8:49 pm - mesa, AZ

Yes every 6 months I could afford that ! Melissa - what extra labs does your Primary order ??  My good news is that My wonderful B-12 shots are working- My level was right smach dab in the middle  of the scale !!!! yipeeeeeee

M. clarke
on 11/7/07 1:18 am
To be honest I am not sure on which labs. I know I should know what is happening with my own health, but I get so confussed by all of it. So I just put my trust between the two doctors that they are ordering everything that needs to be ordered. I just know that I go in with the list from Dr. B and my Dr. will make comments about it like "Oh this isn't going to show enough, you need this too"  or "this instead"  and he will order other stuff also. I think it is just a ongoing battle between two types of doctors honestly. LOL. Which is okay with me. As long as they don't always see eye to eye I know I will always getting a better range of care. Does that make sense? So I guess my point is I think it is good that you follow up with your primary and also see Randy every 6 months if you can. That way you still continue to get good care from two doctors, and aren't relying on one person for your health.
quiltz
on 11/6/07 11:44 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm still at the point of doing my labs with Dr. B.  I'll start with my pcp in about 4 more months.
Most Active