What a Great Weekend

desert rat
on 10/28/07 12:03 pm - Goodyear, AZ

I had such a great time at the OH event.  I wasn't going to go but when the price dropped so low, I couldn't resist.  I'm so glad I did.  The meet & greet was great fun and the costume party gave me a reason to to wear a silly costume but better yet, my DH got to wear his kilt!  He's got such cute knees. It was so wonderful meeting Rusty and Jackie & Bill.  I really felt like we became fast friends immediately!  Dr. Schlesinger was so warm & open and all of the speakers were well worth the time.  It was great meeting Dee (the vitamin lady) and I love Maggie with AchievOne as much as I love my AchievOne Cappuccino and anyone who knows me knows that's a LOT!!  The vendors and the free samples were great & I think I've found a new breakfast cereal. I met so many terrific people who live here and I hope to see everyone again, either in person or here on the message board.  We have a wonderful, vibrant community here in the Valley of the Sun and we can get our best support from our peers.  If you need support, don't hesitate to ask and if you are willing to give support, you are in a special catagory of angel! Thank you to all of the sponsors who made the event possible and such a success (Joyce, you worked too hard!).  And of course, thank you to everyone at OH for making this such a great weekend!!!  You ROCK! Peace and Joy to you all, Dj

Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/07 5:33 am - AZ
DJ  Glad you had such a good time!! I almost went to support group on Sat. Did it still happen on was it cancelled??? Talk to you soon. Erin BTW - my hubby starts on Nov. 5th!!!  :-)
desert rat
on 10/29/07 11:32 am - Goodyear, AZ

Erin! I have been wondering how things had gone.  I am so happy that he got the job.  Tell me when you know more.  If he works from the same yard as my bro, I'll have him track your hubby down & show him the ropes. It was so worth the time to get to the OH event.  I'm sorry you didn't make it.  But the meetings always happen, rain, shine or OH conventions!  My hubby was there along with seven other people.  The next meeting is on the 10th.  Please try to come, it is so important to stay involved.  Unfortunately, most of us can never forget where we came from.  It will take conscience choices, thoughts and actions to remain successful.  That's why I go...I need the support, too! Hope to see you soon, Dj

Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/07 6:17 am - AZ
I will make the next one, I will put it on my calander right now. I thought your hubby went with you.  Have a wonderful week and I will give you all the details next meeting... Erin
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/07 12:51 pm - Newport Beach, CA
Hi Dj.  Thanks so much for coming to the event, it was such a treat to have you there. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time and got so much out of the event, we all love to hear that and it makes all the hard work so worthwhile. Thanks again! Warmly, Kathy
JeremyGentles
on 10/31/07 11:56 pm - Johnson City, TN
Hello DJ, I am glad you had an enjoyable weekend. The folks there in Phoenix were great and I am looking forward to going back one of these days. Take care and maybe we will see you next year.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active