Taking the Steps

EarlyDawn
on 10/26/07 7:10 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Its has taken me 3 years to get to this point and I finally decide to go for it. I am going to a seminar on Nov 10th for Dr. Steven Simon. He is the surgeon I have researched and feel most comfortable with. I did a seminar with Dr Simon (as well as many others) about a yr and half ago and decided to give myself more time to make sure this was right for me. Well another year has gone by and I lose 20 pounds gain back 25. I'm done with it. I am now tipping the scales at 250 (after just losing another 15) and am miserable. I have been a lurker of this board for years now and have watched so many people go from pre-op to losers, I want to be you! I look forward to chatting with all of you - I feel as if I know most of you already after watching your transformations, its time for you all to meet little ol' me (or soon to be little)
quiltz
on 10/26/07 8:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard.  You have done a good job in researching wls so you are really prepared now.  I think everyone should check out several surgeons to find the one that is the best fit for them.  Good luck!
Azskyprincess
on 10/28/07 9:26 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I also have Dr Simon my surgery is Oct 30th ...I cant wait ..My sister was really worried that was until she went to my pre op this week she asked him a million and one ??'s and was very pleased with my choice...Marcia in the office is also wonderful ..It took me 2 yrs to take the big step...
badamczyk
on 11/1/07 8:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
First of all, let me say that your story sounds so familiar!  What comforted me the most was knowing I was not the only one out there with the same "silly questions" that seem to be burning in all our heads before surgery.  I think it takes intelligence, care, and a willingnes for change to even get to the point where you are comfortable researching and making the decision.  I have witnessed many great transformations on the boards, and you will find the BEST support -- ever!   It's all about you -- your time, your place, your comfort level.  You have done the research, put in the time, know the intelligent questions to ask, and how to proceed.  I wish you luck in your endeavors.  Know that you are not alone. I had my surgery one week ago today and still feel amazing :-) Beth
~Believe and Succeed!  There is magic in believing. . .PB~
Most Active