B12 Deficiency-Help!

westvalley
on 10/22/07 10:29 am - Glendale, AZ
I just got lab results back from my pcp and I am severely deficient in vitamin B12.  I started my monthly shot immediately. This makes me a little nervous because I know you can become deficient after RNY. Could this possibly put a halt to my surgery? Is this a big deal? Could this make things worse after surgery? I feel so stupid because now that I have read all the symptons of being deficient I have experienced just about every one. I guess you learn to ignore the little things when your always being told in every doctors appointment everything is because of your weight. I was experiencing memory loss, confusion, fatigue, numbness in my fingers, loss of appetite and a sore tongue. I am afraid my OH family and need answers.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
ginau
on 10/22/07 1:03 pm - mesa, AZ

You might want to ask your doc about doing the shots 2x monthly , just to get level up, Just remeber you will want to stay on top of your vitamins , I was told some peole take em 2 daily , I had a lot of hair loss and now keep up on diligintly !! I get labs next week,  and will elt you know . I am sure you'll have more labs before surgery .

westvalley
on 10/22/07 1:24 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Gina I really appreciate it.
alligatorpgr
on 10/22/07 4:16 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
You should be fine by next March.  You will be amazed at how much better you will feel just after a few months :-)  Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

badamczyk
on 10/23/07 12:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
Ah, I am so sorry to hear this :-(  Please take care and start feeling better soon!
~Believe and Succeed!  There is magic in believing. . .PB~
flyrep
on 10/23/07 4:33 am - AZ
Iv been away for a couple of days. Yep, take two shots! I would think u'd be fine within a month. ASK DR. J OR DR. F!! Very important!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

MShawn62
on 10/23/07 11:36 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi there, I was B-12 deficient and just had to get permission from my neurologist for Dr. Villares to go ahead with the process.  My neurologist said that worst case scenario was that I would have to take shots after surgery.  Well I've taken shots before and it was always a possibility even without the surgery, so we didn't see it has too bad a situation.  I had all your same symptom and they went down a lot after I started the shots.  Now I just take the oral stuff daily.  I hope this helps. Shawn
Most Active