Phoenix Event

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 10/20/07 9:00 am - Houston, TX
As a proud member of the OH family, since 2004, I just want to say that if you are on the fence about going to this event JUMP off the fence and go..  I have been to several OH events including several Texas events and even the event in Irvine this year and have to say that I have come away from each event refreshed and ready to take on the world.. LOL..  I have been very lucky to speak at four events and would love to be at this one but due to family issues I will not be attending but by all means go if you can because there is nothing like the events.. Ms. Jackie is the bomb.. I have to tell you that there will not be a dull moment.. The entire OH staff is amazing.. Jeremy Gentles is amazing.. Sherri and her staff put together one great show.. And make sure that you take the time to thank the sponsors because without them none of there great events would be possible..  And if you all see my buddy Joshua there make sure you tell him that Da Shrinking Dawg Ramon says hello..  Joshua, if you are reading this you have to talk to Ms. Jackie.. She and her husband Bill are the bomb..  PEACE
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Lady Lithia
on 10/20/07 12:04 pm
Thanks for the encouragement. I have tickets, hotel reservations, plans to go, but am still on the fence. I think that I have a lot of shyness about going to events like this due to my obesity. Not a major obsession. I just find that if I avoid events (any event) then I don't have to worry about being self-conscious. But I WILL go! :)  Thanks again for the encouragement! It helps!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Beth B.
on 10/21/07 5:49 am - Trafford, PA
I felt the same way last year, prior to my surgery there was a 2 day event in my hometown but I was too shy and embarrased to go. I wish that I would have went. Now I'm coming all the way from Pittsburgh to come to attend the Phoenix event.  What a difference a year makes. Hope to see you there.

Beth C.   4 years post-op and working my way back to goal weight  ( Preop weight -298 pounds /goalweight 155 pounds                                                           

Lady Lithia
on 10/21/07 12:08 pm
I look forward to meeting you!  I'm still battling to make myself go! Being a public school teacher you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to do this! Fact of the matter is, I am not sure why it's so hard! Perhaps because it seems so unlikely that I'll even be approved for WLS, feels like going to this event is giving in to impossible dreams. I've tried so many times to lose, and I got my hopes up that I would be approved, and now that it seems likely I'll be denied part of me wants to just scrap forever the dreams I've dared to dream and just forget about it.  BUT I will go, because I'm NOT giving up. :)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Ann M.
on 10/21/07 5:31 am - Peoria, AZ
I went to the one near Detroit this Spring.  It was a great event and even better was meeting everyone I'd been talking to on the boards.  There's nothing like being with people who actually understand the way things are.  One thing to watch though, the hotel we had put out ice tea and water at the tables and since we're not supposed to drink 30 minutes before and 45 minutes after, it sure was a temptation. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
ginau
on 10/21/07 8:00 am - mesa, AZ
Girl  Dont let your weight stop you !! there is going to be so much to see and do, Meet new people that know exactly where you have been  and where your going , your going to meet people in all phase's , Hear some exceptional speakers ..  You will get a lot out of it !!!
Deanne K.
on 10/21/07 12:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
If you are worried about being denied.  You will need to come and talk to Gary Viscio who is a lawyer that I hired to be able to get my surgery.  He is supposed to be at the event.  He was worth every penny my parents and I spent on hiring him.  Who care about your size.  We have all been there and would want you to come and meet all your new friends. Deanne
Most Active