Returning from a early morning at the ER! Info on constipation

flyrep
on 10/19/07 12:16 am - AZ
Was getting ready to TRY to sleep last night and went to the bathroon. I had a very hard BM. Painful. Long story short when I got up there was a lot of blood ( what seemed to be away ) in the water. Called my Dr.'s office and got ahold of the PA ( which was very nice ) I have to issue that to him.  He didnt think anything big more like a tissue bleeding or himroid. I know I didnt spell that right. But that it could be other things. The blood was bright red. Nothing that would have come from my pouch. I didnt miss a beat and went to the ER> Which they took my blood and did a look see at my bum. Turns out I did have tissue that was bleeding from the very painful bm. The doctor said to keep a gentle laxative around the house. I had one but really havent had any problems with BM till last night.  So what have I learned????? Im getting really tired of Dr.s looking at my bum. Goodness. AND always have a laxative around.. Im going to try to sleep again.  B4 everyone else gets up!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

pwrightt
on 10/19/07 3:59 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I was the queen of constipation. What saved me? Miralax. You can now buy it over the counter and it works within 24 hours. It truly was a life saver. Pam
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/07 2:53 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Oh my!  You poor dear!!!  Im sure youve probably heard this a MILLION times....but increase your water!  You may think you are getting enough...but your body is telling you otherwise!  I really struggled early post op with this...but as soon as I began drinking an EXTRA 24 - 32 oz of water daily (in addition to my surgeons plan) everything moved along smoothly!!!    I wish you continued success on your new wls journey!  Take care  deb
flyrep
on 10/23/07 4:35 am - AZ
Thank u for posting I upped my water and it does seem to be helping. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

flyrep
on 10/23/07 4:34 am - AZ
You SAVED me! I got some at walgreens and the stuff ready does work! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

pwrightt
on 10/23/07 7:51 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I really had severe constipation after surgery and it went on and on for months. I must have drank an ocean of water and tried every laxative, stool softner, suppository, and whatever else was on the market. A very good friend told me about Miralax. At the beginning I took it every other day for about a week. Then once a week. Then once a month. I also had to take one Colace a day. (stool softner). Now that I eat fresh fruit and vegetables I have no problems. But the first couple of months for me were H.... I'm glad it worked Pam
Most Active