Need Some Help - I'm very Scared

Debbie D.
on 10/17/07 12:48 pm - phoenix, AZ
I'm scheduled for a RNY revision on Nov 2nd with Dr. Juarez.  I had called his office last week to ask a few questions regarding the revision.  Just confirming that Dr Juarez is actually redoing so to speak the RNY and not changing to DS etc....  I was correct with this assumption.  So today I received a return call from the PA which scared the HELL out of me.  He went through al the "risk" which he said are much greater with the revision than with the original surgery.  It was so scary that I told him I actually thought he was trying to talk me out of the surgery.   They think I may have a blockage and they will correct this at the same time.  I'm suppose to go to the hospital tomorrow  for my preop testing and now I'm so nervous I don't know if I can go through with this or not.  I'm married and have 2 beautiful children that I can't stand the thought of how they would feel if something happened to me. Is there anyone that talk with me about a revison?
flyrep
on 10/17/07 1:07 pm - AZ
Please talk to Dr. J himself. His PA seems to scare the heck out of a lot of people. Even me... lol I COMPLETELY bypass the PA now. If I have any ??'s I ask for a call back from Dr. J. I wont even see the PA. All my meetings will be with Dr. J. Surgery is surgery. I freaked out in the OR right b4 WLS. I cried but never thought not to do it. You have every right to be scared. I hope u are able to get the info you are looking for.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 10/17/07 2:50 pm - Layton, UT
Debbie, Revisions are a tad bit harrier for sure!  It sounds like the scary PA is wonderful!  Docs who don't tell the possibilities are just irresponsible!  You'll be sailing along afterwards thinking he was full of bologna but knowing that compliancy will help you stay clear of some complications will keep you on track!!!! I'm scheduled to have a StomaphyX on November 6th but will pow wow with my doc tomorrow about having a revision from proximal to distal AND the stomaphyx at the same time.  Revisions are kind of taboo to talk about on newbie chat sites since the need for them is so very misunderstood.  I would suggest that you hop over to the Revision forum.  There are oodles of us in your same situation having similar concerns.  Our AZ buds offer amazing support but it's always nice to hang within the comfort zone of those rocking in the same boat! Good luck and keep us posted!  Dr. J is a great choice for a revision.  I'll be going with Dr. Schlesinger since that's one of the things he specializes in.......
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

David S.
on 10/19/07 5:16 am
How exciting for you.  Nov 6th will be  here before you know it!
Dave from AZ     
flyrep
on 10/18/07 3:59 pm - AZ
Just checking in with you. Have you found out anything?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Debbie D.
on 10/18/07 11:05 pm - phoenix, AZ
Thank you for asking.  I left a message for Dr J to call and expect that call later today.  I do go through with all the pre-op testing yesterday at St. Lukes.  That actually made me feel much better.   According the all everyone all the test looked really good.  My EKG, breathing and blood were all great.  I just have to wait for the blood panel to come back.  My Iron count had gotten so low (6.2) that I've had 6 iron infusions to try and get it up prior to surgery.  The last time they tested it (2 weeks ago) it was maintaining at 8.3.  Lets hope thats high enough for surgery purposes.   I feel much more confident and unless my conversation with Dr. J goes south I more than likely will go through with the surgery.  Still very nervous but I think that is normal for any surgery.  Have a good day and please keep in touch.  Deb
flyrep
on 10/19/07 12:35 am - AZ
Good morning Deb. Ill contenue to keep u in my prayers. All will work out. Dr.j will lead in the right way!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active