Anyone had a CT scan?

Lori M.
on 10/13/07 1:11 am - Queen Creek, AZ

My pre-op appointment is on Monday and a girl from the doctor's office called me yesterday and said she was looking over my test results and saw that when they did the ultrasound they said that because of the "patients body" they couldn't get a good picture of my liver and couldn't rule out any masses and recommended a CT scan.  I'm upset that my PCP didn't see this on the ultrasound  results.. I had it in like August.. and had plenty of time to do whatever tests I needed to do.  Now everything is so last minute.. next week is my last week to get myself all caught up at work and now I have to leave early Monday for my preop appt and leave even earlier on Tuesday to have this CT scan done.  *sigh* I've asked a couple of people what exactly a CT scan was and no one could tell me.. anyone had one before?? I guess I should just be happy that my date was originally Feb and now it's October.. but I've done everything I needed to do as soon as I needed to do and it's been my doctor's office that keeps popping up this stuff last min. :-(  I guess I should mention I also had to get on a antibiotic just Monday of this week because a hpylori test I had in July was positive and my PCP didn't bother telling me I needed to be on antibiotics for it.

Phxmomof2
on 10/13/07 2:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
HI  Don't worry a CT scan is a simple test. Sometimes they inject a dye and you lie on a table and it slides inside a tube to take pictures. You just simply lie on the table and stay still for a little while.  Hope this helps. 
flyrep
on 10/14/07 12:42 am - AZ
I had a CT and a heart scan. Nothing to it. Id check out another PCP though. You are gonna want someone that is timely after WLS.  If you tested for something in July and it came back positive and are JUST starting antiboitics now Id say u have a right to be upset.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Lori M.
on 10/14/07 10:51 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Fly -- What's bad is it wasn't even my PCP that told me about the antibiotics.  One of the girls from my doctors office was going over my results and she asked me if I had been on prevpac.  I had no idea what she was talking about.  All my PCP did was tell me the results were positive.  *shakes head*
flyrep
on 10/15/07 1:21 am - AZ
That's crazy! Im shaking my head with you.   If I would u Id get a new doctor asap. One willing to work with people like us. WLS.... I found a few but I was blessed that my long term pcp didnt mind keeping me. I like him and have been with him for years. Where abouts are you in the valley?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Lori M.
on 10/16/07 12:19 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
I'm in Mesa.  I work in Central-ish phoenix. and my husband and I are having a house built in Queen Creek.  So I guess east valley would be the best way to answer that question. lol
flyrep
on 10/16/07 1:14 pm - AZ
Theres at least one doctor in Aj and a few different in Mesa that I know are willing to working with WlS persons. It should be fairly easy to find a new one in the East Valley. Good luck! It will be no time before you get your date and start your new life!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active