First Fill and Nada

BoneyMaroney
on 10/8/07 1:43 am
I had my first fill last Thursday and I still feel wide open.  I have absolutely no restriction whatsoever. I am so frustrated.  I was told that my dieting days would be over.  Yeah right.  I am starting to question what the point is in this band.  I am hungry two hours after every meal so I white knuckle to the next meal.  I was told to eat between 1/2 cup to 1 cup per meal.  I eat about 3 cups of food per meal.  I wouldn't last 5 minutes on 1/2 cup.

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
Candi Y.
on 10/8/07 1:53 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Dieting Days over???? With either RNY or Band our dieting days are NEVER over, its a chnage of life for us and its NOT EASY!  These surgeries are not the easy way out and a lot of people find out the hard way, we have to WORK at loosing with both WLS.  Hang in there, I didnt not feel restriction untill fill #3, but I did not over eat in between those weeks so I continued to loose!  You have to make that 1/2 cup of food work, it will, our minds are the hardest fight to fight!!  Hang in there!
BoneyMaroney
on 10/8/07 3:54 am
Oh yeah I am ok with life changes and nutrition choices that are healthy and promote weight loss.  I am not ok with having a surgery that did nothing.  As to 1/2 cup of food.....there is no way I can live on that walking 4 miles a day and bike riding for 1 hour or more.  That said, I was never given a 1/2 cup of food directive.  I was to eat 1/2 cup of food for the first meal after my first fill to see how I could handle it  but since there was no restriction then I could eat more.  I weigh and measure all my foods. I eat only 3 oz of protein and 12 oz of veggies at lunch and dinner. NO snacks. No juices or milk.  But, I was hoping not to be so hungry in between my meals. I am very frustrated but made an appt for another fill in two weeks and that should help me.

poohspal
on 10/8/07 12:07 pm - AZ
Hey Boney,  I too have had my own struggles with fills, but i can tell you that even though I don't have enough restriction I cn feel the difference between the 1st and 2nd fill.  Remember also that sometimes it can take upto 2 weeks to feel the full effect of a fill, that being said, You get that second fill and don't wait.  As soon as your Doc says you can,get it. you'll feel the difference, I'm waiting for the 3rd as we speak!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
BoneyMaroney
on 10/9/07 12:38 am
I just hope I haven't stretched out my stoma.  I am able to eat so much and now that i know I can eat so much I don't have the ability to eat a small amount.  I am going in Oct 22 to see if the DR. will add more to my fill. I hope hope..

poohspal
on 10/9/07 12:55 am - AZ
its really hard to stretch it so I am sure you are fine.  with out proper restriction the food is just going through thats all.  no worries, just try to get control of portions and fill up on things that wont add to the calorie count.  raw veggies and so on.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
BoneyMaroney
on 10/9/07 6:59 am
Thanks so much for  your encouragement.  Your weight loss has been great.  Good for you.

poohspal
on 10/9/07 7:29 am - AZ
You must have me confused with someone else!  But it will it has too!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active