Walk From Obesity - results

ginau
on 10/6/07 4:51 am - mesa, AZ
What a wonderful day !!!  Sun came out and warmed us ! Lori Hnry  got us moving  to the music around the track - many did 4& 5 laps in that short 30 minutes.  We had lots of smiling faces including Dr Blackstone, Dr Schlesinger, Joyce too !!! . Some great prices ! intresting food samples,  and just a gorgeous day !!!  Hoep you all enoyed it as much as I did - See you there next year !  - just at a new location .
poohspal
on 10/6/07 11:27 am - AZ
I had the best time too!  It was so much fun!  So much more then I thought it would be!  I only wish I had brought my family as well, Next year!  I did 6 laps! WooHoo!!,  now I am not so sure I will walk tomorrow, but it was fun!!   New location?!  I just found that one!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
M. clarke
on 10/7/07 10:16 am
That is great! That was a mile and a half, so 3 mph. I feel wiped out when I walk 3 miles in an hour. I want to get up to 4 miles in an hour, but right now my knee gets wiped out every time I walk. So I'm one day walking, next day ice, off and on. It's a pain, litterally. I should be doing water arobics or something less impactive, but I really enjoy being out walking so much more. Especially in this beautiful weather. Congrats on the great walk!!!! Wished I could have been there with everyone.
flyrep
on 10/6/07 2:17 pm - AZ
I was a very nice morning for a walk. Our family loved being out walking with everyone. Thanks for the items exchange. I bought a few things and got some really cute tops and shorts! Thanks!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Nicole W.
on 10/6/07 3:53 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

I missed it!  I am very bummed...  teenagers in a Daddy's convertible not paying attention side-swipped me on the way.  Took forever for the cops to get there!  By the time paperwork was filled out and I was free to go it was almost 9:30, so I went home, figured the activites would have been done.   I raised a good amount of money and all.  So, I am sad. Hope everyone had a good time thou!

TinkerBell

ginau
on 10/7/07 5:14 am - mesa, AZ
 Nicole !! I was wondering what happened to you !!  hope your o.k. and didnt get hurt !!  Dr Blackstone had her Hubby there as well as most of the staff! Also her very cute Yorkie "Magnolia "and her handsome Choc lab.  made their  guest appearance.  funny  a few Sbc people brought their animals out for the walk!  Shannon  - How on earth did I miss meeting you ?? 
flyrep
on 10/7/07 11:30 am - AZ
We met but just didnt know  it was eachother. I was looking at a couple of tops and shorts when Joyce whispered something to you. I would have thought she would have introduced us. Guess not. I didnt know unless last night when posting that you where the woman taking care of the clothing exchange. I would have Given you a big hug!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 10/7/07 2:03 pm - Layton, UT
I'm very sorry Shannon.  I wondered why you hadn't come by to say hi to me?!!!!  LOL!  I must have been spaced out when I  "saw" you cuz I had absolutely no idea I saw you!  ....... I had been at the event since around 5:30 a.m. and up at another event  late the night before.  My apologies that I didn't introduce you to Jeanna.  She is a LOVELY lady and one of my bestest WLS buds!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

flyrep
on 10/7/07 5:02 pm, edited 10/7/07 5:17 pm - AZ
WOW.... I said hi to you earlier that morning you asked how I was doing.... No worries!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

M. clarke
on 10/7/07 10:04 am
oh my gosh! I hope you are okay. You get a lot of bumps in the road and your always so positive about everything!
Most Active