ACHESS MERCY CARE??

Candi Y.
on 10/5/07 2:03 am - Cottonwood, AZ
I have a friend that is trying to get ACHSS (The state insurance program) and she has MERCY CARE to cover a LAPBAND, she already went and saw a Dr. Debarros and they indicated Mercy would not cover through them???  ANY SUGGESTIONS????  I told her I would post it on here and see what all my smarty pants WLS friends have to say!  Thanks guys....
tall_girl99_2000
on 10/6/07 2:29 pm - Chandler, AZ
I'm not sure if ACCSS covers lap band but I do know that they have covered the RNY under Dr. Fang in Phoenix. My friend just got it done about 2 months ago.

karen_n_az
on 10/11/07 6:43 pm - Thatcher, AZ
Mercy Care doesn't consider the lap band to be a successful WLS.  They will only cover the RNY.  I wish that they would've considered it but they won't. Sorry   They actually state that "there is insufficient evidence in the peer-reviewed literature to support their use." I have the prior auth guidelines if you would like me to email them to you. Good Luck! Karen

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

Candi Y.
on 10/12/07 1:18 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Thanks karen, My girlfriend is getting pretty much all the grim news with her Mercy Care, but THANKS for the info!
Most Active