Newbie Here ...Waiting for Insurance approval went in today

Azskyprincess
on 10/3/07 12:47 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Hi I have been lurking for months reading and getting all of the info I can ...I am so thankful I found this site ...each and every single one of you have given me the courage to take the steps that I need to ...Today I got the call from Dr Simons office that my packet was being sent to UHC today...I have jumped through every single hoop they have given me in record time...Im very lucky I have such wonderful insurance ( I work for a major airline in the PHX area) and WLS is approved..     If anyone has had surgery at Paradise valley please share the info ...My goal maybe unrealistic but I have high hopes of only having to take 2 weeks off work ( I am flight attendant) I am having lap RYU ..so please share with me what you can Thank YOU so much in advance  I have 101 # to loose my BMI is 36

Lori M.
on 10/4/07 12:48 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Welcome to the process!!  Good luck!
westvalley
on 10/4/07 5:37 am - Glendale, AZ
GOOD LUCK!
jep
on 10/4/07 9:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sky Princess, I'm a Phoenix newbie too.  My LB surgery is 10/17!!!  You'll appreciate this:  I put the surgery charge on my airline Visa to get the FF miles!  I don't have the patience to go thru Aetna's rigamaroll.  Good luck with the process! jep
westvalley
on 10/5/07 4:52 am - Glendale, AZ
Welcome Sky Princess! Your among friends now  .  Good Luck on your weight loss journey.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
ginaq56
on 10/4/07 11:33 am

Hi Skyprincess, I had lap RNY done in January and managed to go back to work in 2 weeks. HOWEVER, mine was a desk job and the first day I only lasted 5 hours. Each of us are different and heal differently. The best advice, listen to your body and don't overdo it. If have found after many surgeries in the past that the more you push and less you take care of yourself, the more you will pay in the long run. Let yourself heal! Best of luck in your venture. RNY was the best thing I ever did for myself. I have 26 pounds left to goal and when I started I needed to lose 86 pounds & my BMI was 38.1 so we are very close in stats. Hugs, Gina

badamczyk
on 10/5/07 6:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Good luck to you!
Most Active