Aaarrrgh!!!! State insurance changes requirements

beckipoohbear
on 10/3/07 2:26 am - AZ
Grrr!  I got a call from Blackstone's office this morning.  They were preparing my packet to submit to my insurance for authorization and the state employee insurance has now added an additional requirement that you must attend support groups.  Since they want to see regular attendance, I have to go to at least  2 before Blackstone's office will submit.  And to add to the frustration, I live in a rural area so I have to wait for Blackstone's online support groups once a month.  I just wish I would have known this before since I could have done support groups while I was doing my diet. Anyway...for all you state employees out there working your requirements for approval...start attending support group and keeping records, you'll need it! Rebecca
westvalley
on 10/3/07 10:00 am - Glendale, AZ
Im really sorry to hear that. I have a friend on here who had the same thing happen to her with their office. I am not exactly sure what happened with her situation but myabe I could PM her and  ask.  I know your disappointed and I probably can't say much to make you feel better but stay positive.  Good Luck!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
beckipoohbear
on 10/3/07 10:20 am - AZ
Thanks for the positive thoughts! Congrats on your approval!
Lori M.
on 10/3/07 10:46 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Becki -  That is really crappy to hear!!  I don't know if this will be good news but I went to the support group on Monday and they were talking about how the online support groups were up and running.  Did they tell you when they are having their next one?  I thought they said they were going to be on Thursdays... but I don't remember when. I hope it works out for you!
quiltz
on 10/3/07 11:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
What a bunch of baloney.  Does the support group have to be just the ones presented by Dr. B?  Maybe you could get credit for attending the East Valley one as well and get thru the process faster.  Isn't it amazing how hard they work to deter us from following through to get out surgeries?  I guess the best response is just living well after the surgery.
Dianaj
on 10/4/07 1:18 am
As much as we try to stay on top of the insurance requirements, they are constantly changing.  As soon as we learn about the changes, we do try to notify our patients as soon as possible.  I apologize for the frustration that is caused during the authorization process, but we do intend to help you through every step of the way.  If you would prefer to go to other support groups, you definitely have that option, we would just have to have documentation to provide to the insurance company to prove they were attended. If you do have any questions or concerns through this process, you can definitely contact either Joanne at (480) 355-6865 or Nichole (480) 355-6866.  And of course you can always contact me at (480) 391-3935. Good luck in getting though this time. Diana  Billing Manager Scottsdale Bariatric Center
beckipoohbear
on 10/4/07 2:32 am - AZ
Thanks Diana.  I am not frustrated with the office.  I am thoroughly annoyed with my insurance especially since its not likely I'll be approved but that's the breaks.  I understand you guys just learned about the changes as well and now you get the fun of telling all of us there's another hoop to jump through.  The communication with the office has been excellent and I really appreciate all you guys do.  It is good to know that I can always attend another support group because maybe I can knock this out a little faster that way.  One way or the other, it will get done. Rebecca
Most Active