Dr. Terry Simpson??

foodman
on 10/2/07 3:05 pm
Anyone use this doctor?  Recommendations???
Louise D.
on 10/2/07 4:14 pm - Peoria, AZ

That's my Doctor.  He is the best.  Very very personable, very knowledgable and very helpful.  Dr Simpson ONLY does lap band and really knows his stuff.  His staff is wonderful also.  If I had to the band all over again knowing what I know today I would use him again and again.  Good luck to you Louise

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/07 12:11 am - AZ
Dr.Simpson is awesome. He's always been there for me. His staff is great too.
Sherry61
on 10/4/07 3:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
My sister used Dr. Simpson for her lap band and if she had not had Dr. Blackstone and her entire program to compare it to she may have thought he and his program are as good as any other program.  But---she had gone through all my pre and post op with Dr. Blackstone's program and she was very disappointed.  She paid out of pocket $17,500 for Dr. Simpson.  The only preop test that she had to have was blood work and they did not even get that prior to her surgery so they didn't even have the very basic stuff to go into surgery.  We are both very healthy (besides being overweight) and I had to have cardiac clearance, sleep study, mammogram, pap smear, EKG, chest xray and blood work.  At the time I was very frustrated because I wanted my surgery right away and all the tests seemed to slow my surgery date down.  But looking back I am very thankful that I had Dr. Blackstone and her staff to care enough to make sure I was healthy to go through the surgery.  My sister would have gone to Dr. Blackstone but she didn't want to wait any longer.  Dr. Blackstone is even cheaper than Dr. Simpson.  The last I heard she charges approx $15,000.  The main thing that I would suggest to you is to look at the after programs that the doctor offers.  I have lost 52 pounds in 5 months since having the lap band and now is the time that I am really needing to see the nutritionist and exercise physiologists that are available to me.  Everyone loves their surgeon--they are giving them a chance at a new life.  But --after they are done with the surgery you need the other "experts" to help you continue on your journey to succeed.
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/07 12:46 am - AZ
Dr. Simpson has a great after care program.
First of all Dr. Simpson is availiable at all times during the day. All you have to do is email him and he will respond back I usually leave my number and he calls me. If he is away on vacation he still respond to my questions.
He has his support meetings twice a month. Which are great to attend. He has is pod cast that he updates monthy on new information or reminders. His office staff is great. If you have any questions about your nutrition just ask Dracy and Christine. Make an appointment with them and they will sit down and figure out what is best for you. Nancy the nutritionist has her own classes and attends the support group meetings too.
I've never had to wait a long period of time for my appointments with him.
I don't believe every needs "experts" to help them with there after care program. I've lost 80 lbs is 6 months. Following the band rules and understanding your band rules is what will help you loose the weight.
Also I paid $16500 for my surgery with Dr. Simpson. This includes my 1st year of follow up appointments. Every appointment there after is only going to cost me $100.
Do what you think is best for you.
JRinAZ
on 10/5/07 3:50 am - Layton, UT
You are absolutely right!  Dr. Blackstone has a fantastic program.! However.....you are absolutely wrong about Doc Simpson!  He IS the program!!!! Some people like the city and some people like the country.  Some people like a HUGE rather impersonal program and some like a small intimate country style doc that gets back to you personally and shows up on a Sunday afternoon if your fill needs tweaked....who actually runs most of the support groups himself1 Different strokes.....Different types of programs.  One's not better than another.....just different! My .02. Congrats on your success!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

soon2bnewme
on 10/9/07 12:36 am - Chandler, AZ
I haven't posted in a while but I just had to respond to this one.  I too have Dr. Simpson and I'm 14 months out from surgery.  I wouldn't change a thing.  He's the most personal Doctor I know.  I assure you that if you have a question all you do is email or call and you will receive a call back from him within minutes I swear.  He's at almost all of his support meetings and the office staff is like family.  I've never went to his office feeling like I was a number or a folder.  They're encouraging, honest, and might I say funny too.  I think every office has their own way of after care and you make what you want of it.  If you give the band your 100% then it will work for you but you have to first believe in yourself.   He's awesome!!  In fact I have an incisional hernia from five years ago (past hysterectomy) that I just went in for yesterday to consult on when he can fix that.  Before he just did exclusive lapbands he did DS and gastric bypass so he knows his weightloss surgeries.  :) Good luck on whoever you decide.  BTW, I've seen many other doctors for my hernia and I've yet to find one as friendly and experienced as Dr. Simpson. Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

Most Active