Im home and I FEEL ALIVE! Here's to the healthier side of life!

flyrep
on 9/29/07 1:21 pm - AZ

Good Evening Everyone, I had my WlS on the 25th at 9:30am and ALL WENT GREAT! Dr J said  the WLS took less then an hour to do. And that my liver looked good, had a little fat around but that it would go away within a few weeks. I had an upper GI the next morning and all looked great!  I was able to walk about 20 rounds on the 6th floor at 3am the next morning and went up from there every few hours. I was able to walk from the 6th floor to my van when leaving the hospital. I also went to Fry's Food Store to get my meds and walked there a little as well. Im going to go to church and see how I feel. Go from there. Ill start this week taking little trips with lots of rest.  Im still taking the pain meds but only twice today. I have had NO ISSUES! I am able to keep everything down including my protein drinks. Im getting enough water and have an area in my kitchen set aside for my items. I write everything down and know how much Im eating by weight. Im also taking my vit's as doctor states. Im sleeping better. THE CHAIR IS A REAL HELP!  I hate taking the pain meds as they really make me sleepy. Im so happy I did this. Thank u guys for all the support! It realy did help!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

M. clarke
on 9/29/07 3:15 pm
Glad you are home and doing so well! Welcome to the losing side :)
flyrep
on 9/30/07 4:19 pm - AZ
Hi there, Yep it feels pretty good. I cant wait to start feeling more healthy! Losing body fat is a HUGE plus! Thanks for thinking about me.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Ann M.
on 9/29/07 11:09 pm - Peoria, AZ
I'm glad things went so well.  Welcome to the losing side, it's the best thing that will happen to you.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
flyrep
on 9/30/07 4:21 pm - AZ
Hi! Thanks for your post! Im learning it seems by the hour that is was what I was to do. Im glad I was able to have this WLS done!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

LeAnne G.
on 9/29/07 11:57 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Glad to hear you're home and doing well!!!! Hugs, LeAnne

flyrep
on 9/30/07 4:23 pm - AZ
Im doing much better then I ever thought. I thought the pain would be something out of this world but with the pain killers its not so bad! Thanks for your kinds words!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

pwrightt
on 9/30/07 12:05 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Glad to hear you are home and doing great. But don't overdo it. Remember you just had major surgery. There are going to be days where you are going to feel really tired. Stick to the foods that are allowed. If I remember right Dr.Juarez only allows liquids and very soft puree foods for the first three weeks. I can't believe how much you walked the first day. WOW. You made me get off my butt this morning and start walking again and I'm 9 months post op. Welcome to the healthy side. Pam
flyrep
on 9/30/07 4:31 pm - AZ
II swear I wont over do it! Thank you so much for you kind words. They do truely help. You are right  Dr.Juarez only allows liquids and very soft puree foods for the first three weeks. And thats what Im doing. Im not going to spend 23,000.00 on WLS and miss it up. I did this for my continuing health and for my joint to stop hurting when being active.... Thank you for your kind words about getting off your butt this morning! I can't tell you how much you all have helped me get to this point.  I walk a lot at LA FITNESS over in the east valley, ALWAYS looking for people to go with.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/30/07 1:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Welcome home.  So happy to hear that the surgery went well and you are doing so good.  Don't over do it but keep up with the walking, drinking, journalling, etc.  I am so impressed.  You are an inspiration to me and probably all of us post-ops.  A nice little reminder of what we should be doing.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active