Need Suggestions

Mikkilynn
on 9/23/07 12:55 am - Mesa, AZ
Good Morning All - First let me start by saying that I am very happy with my weight loss. Here comes the BUT...  I feel like the last few weeks have really been a struggle. In fact, I haven't lost any weight this week and tomorrow's my weigh in. I have tried all the usual to jump start my weight loss like -  increase my water  doubled my exercise time  monitoring my calorie intake,  (this one's hard) increase my protein.  The protein thing is hard for me as I can't drink the protein shakes or eat protein bars as they make me sick. The nutritionist said it's common for people to have a sensitivity to an ingredient in protein bars/shakes. (Can't remember the name of the ingredient)  Even though I'm not much of a meat eater, I have ate more than usual. So here I am on the boards asking for your help once again. I'm open to any suggestions that you can offer!!!  My birthday is coming up next month (October 15th) and I really wanted to get another 10 pounds off by then. At this rate I be lucky to lose 10 pounds by New Years.  By the way, I did try to make it to the last Chandler Support Meeting. I left work early just to make sure that I was there on time. But just my luck, there were several accidents on the 101 and at 6pm I was still 8 miles away sitting on the freeway (or should I say parking lot)  So Tuesday (the next meeting is Tuesday, right?) I will be leaving work VERY early just to make sure that I get there on time! Can't wait to finally meet some of you! Take Care! Michelle

JRinAZ
on 9/23/07 2:12 am - Layton, UT
Hey Michelle! There are some protein drinks that I can't have either.  Anything that says "whey isolate" on it can send me into a "dump"....racey heart, sweats, dizzy...etc.  So, I do the whey "blend"....The best product for me is the Matrix.  It comes in quite a few choices and my hubby LOVES the orange/cream (think dreamscicle) and I love the chocolate.  I do mine as a hot chocolate which I doctor up with sugar free Torani syrups (peppermint and choc!) or (choc and caramel!)  Yum! Maybe your body is just on cruise and requires some serious shaking up?  How about throwing 1300 calories at it one day so it gets out of the starvation mode and then trying 800 calories the next day? I remember trying to chisel off the last 10 and needing to be very creative.  And.........how about giving yourself a break and an early birthday present and set yourself up for some other goals that could happen before your birthday.... like.....participate in the Walk from Obesity (easily checked off).....add one mile one time a week to your treadmill.....(can easily be checked off)......Y'know....things to be proud of but very attainable!  I'm on a support site where we have all pledged "________by Christmas".........No one could put more than 30 though and we started a month ago.  Giving ourselves mini, very attainable goals is rewarding and our poor beat up egos don't need to be set up for failure!  Love yourself!  ..... I'm using protein drinks right now like the old Slimfast plan of yeas ago and it is very effective.  My  energy has increased and the scale is slowly going the right direction for a change! ..... I have a protein drink as a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch then eat as much of a healthy protein and healthy low glycemic carbs for supper as satisfies me (usually about 4 ounces of protein). Ill see you on Tuesday!  Looking forward to meeting you!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active