fill four days ago and feel nothing????Help!!

CutieTuti
on 9/16/07 1:08 am
I am not sure what is going on but I had my first fill and went well but I feel no different..I think I have a 4cc band and 2 cc is it. The doc says that is a good amount and I cant get a fill before 4-6 weeks..Help!! I cant feel this way for that long..I am getting hungry and just want to eat and pick. I have been doing very well but I guess I am not sure what I should feel. I know I need to have patience but it is hard when your working so hard and seeing no results..Maybe I need some suggestions on what exactly to eat and how much? thanks everyone Kelly Also sorry I missed meeting but I had no before or after pics yet.
Cutie Tuti
poohspal
on 9/16/07 6:06 am - AZ
Hey friend.  Remeber they say it takes a a week or tow to feel the 'real' restriction.  so give it time, maybe you just haven't felt it yet.  
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
CutieTuti
on 9/16/07 3:46 pm
Thanks my band buddy !! I know i just feel like i can eat anything and I dont but i do feel the stress of like being on a diet..I hate that feeling. I have no problem right now making the right decision but I feel like I may be sruggling cause I am hungry now. Well see Kelly
Cutie Tuti
JRinAZ
on 9/17/07 12:35 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Cutie Patootie! What does Dr. Schlesinger say about it?  Y'know that many adjustments have delayed reaction.  Some hit right away.  Some hit a couple of weeks later.  All require a minute for your body to geet used to. Many lapbanders are looking for Thanksgiving dinner stuffedf with a couple of bites of cottage cheese and expect projectile vomitting with the 3rd bite.  Part of the Post-op journey for bandsters is learning to feel satisfied instead of sick/stuffed. Remember....just because we CAN eat more does not mean we should.  Try to find your satisfaction point.  Waterload so you are well hydrated before you eat and do NOT drink during your meal and for at least 30 minutes afterwards. Finding the sweet spot sometimes takes a few adjustments and early lapbanders often take some mental training to learn what the new "full" means to them.  Let the band be your friend and give it time to settle into it's groove (literally).  Don't push the journey before your band is ready to handle more adjustments.  Hugggzzz to you!  You have done sooooo very well!  You can hang in there.....try to use this time to kick it up a notch with the exercise. and introduce balance to your program! Talk to your doc!  Ask Sue to send you the 101 things to know about the lapband.  It's a great list!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Candi Y.
on 9/18/07 8:31 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Kelly,  Sorry I've been out of the loop a bit, went away.  Hang in there girlfriend, my first fill did really nothing, my second took almost a week, had am restriction, then my 3rd WHAM!  It is really alot of work on our part in the begining and we can do it, most of us have done it before.   We hatw the fact that we have to do, but we really do.  I am at the point that we have found my sweetspot and providing I keep moving and watch my calorie intake I've been a big loser!  :)   Its not easy girlfriend, TRUST ME, hang in there, give it 110% and soon your tool with be there to help you!  Hang in there!
blue71969
on 9/24/07 2:15 pm - glendale, AZ
i guess i should not worry yet.  i just had my first fill today, have the 14cc band, and only had the 4+ cc put in today and still do not feel any different.  hope it will kick in soon, waiting for my next fill 2 weeks from now.
CutieTuti
on 9/24/07 2:58 pm
When I posted this I was so angry that I felt no restricition and wasnt sure what i was supposed to feel. The restriction finally kicked in for me and I am doing good so I never went back to get a second fill. Hope you have some luck also.
Cutie Tuti
blue71969
on 9/24/07 3:05 pm - glendale, AZ
I hope it kicks in, i need to make progress, as we all do, and it is frustrating to start thinking about food again.  EEEKKKKK... i will try to be patient.
Most Active