Need Surgeon .....Might be moving right after surgery

Julie Boyd
on 9/10/07 4:17 pm, edited 9/10/07 4:18 pm - highland, IN
Hello I'm new to the arizona forum. I'm hopeing someone can tell me a great surgeon to follow up with there in the Scottsdale, Phoenix area. Anyone have and idea's? Julie in Indiana

Surgery day- 12/11/2007

"If it aint my problem then it aint a problem" 

quiltz
on 9/10/07 6:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Just out of curiosity, why have surgery in another state if you know you will be moving right away?  Many surgeons will not accept another doctor's patients (mine included) because they don't know the surgeon and are unfamiliar with their methods.  It is also nice to have access to the surgeon you used if anything goes wrong on an emergency basis.  There are several excellent bariatric surgeons in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.  You can find them by going to "Other Arizona Resources" in the left hand corner of the page and click on Find a Bariatric Surgeon.  All the best with your move.
Julie Boyd
on 9/11/07 2:17 am - highland, IN
I know it sounds funny to have surgery here then move there to arizona. I just need a surgeon or dr in case something goes wrong. I plan to have all my records with me to show the new dr and to have if i need to go to the ER. the thing is my hubby might get a new job and if he does, then i loose my insurance. and i have waited a long time to have this. and i'm just 2 visit's from get the approval. my clinic has already written the letter for the insurance and is getting ready to send in my paperwork. And I'm not sure that we will be moving right away. It may be a month or so not sure. I just want to cover all my bases.

Surgery day- 12/11/2007

Louise D.
on 9/13/07 2:54 pm - Peoria, AZ
Julie, Good lluck with your surgery.  I was banded 6/20 and it was the best thing I ever did.  I highly recommend my Dr.  Terry Simpson.  He is on the west side of Phoenix but well worth the travel from Scottsdale.  I know there are other Dr's in Scottsdale and the east valley but I doubt there could be a more personable and caring Dr. than Dr. S.   Just as a side note when you and your hubby arrive here if you need a realtor I'd love to help you.  Please e-mail me privately at [email protected].  I am a full time, full service realtor. Louise

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/07 12:38 am - AZ
Which Surgery are you having?
Julie Boyd
on 9/11/07 2:18 am - highland, IN
Lap RNY....

Surgery day- 12/11/2007

Nicole W.
on 9/11/07 4:44 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I am a patient of Dr. Blackstone, so I would reccomend her, but I think she is scheduling in February/March right now.   Here are all the other Bariatric surgeons in Arizona. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeons+ in+arizona.html

TinkerBell

Ann M.
on 9/14/07 6:28 am - Peoria, AZ
I'm already going through this.  Dr. Blackstone won't accept any patients done by another doctor.  Dr. Simpson only does lap bands and he won't accept any RNY'rs.  You might try the other center of excellence - Dr. Juarez or someone in that office.  I'm going to wait until we get moved to Sun City before I try again because I've found that no one likes to return out of state calls for some reason.  Good luck.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
mgamine
on 9/14/07 8:12 am - Mesa, AZ
Dr. DeBarros & Dr. Ortiz.  480-829-6100. I know they work with patients from other surgeons...least last I knew they did.
redrum602
on 9/15/07 2:04 am - Chicago, IL
Julie -

This is extremely humorous! I had my surgery 5 weeks ago and in two weeks I will be moving to Chicago!! How funny is that! My surgeon was Dr Orris at the Weight Loss Institute of AZ. (www.wliaz.com). I talked to them before deciding to go ahead and do the surgery with them about the fact I would be relocating to Chicago a few weeks after the surgery. They seemed to have no problems with it. They even gave me a name of a Dr in chicago to go to. I tried calling a few Dr's in chicago, and some of them would not take a transfer patient. I think that is a bunch of crap because all LapBand patients have to continue with their lives, you know? I think that any Dr that says they will not take a transfer patient is not looking out for the best insterests of the patient. They are only looking out for their own interests.

I would say go to the Weight Loss Institute. The office staff there is not the best (meaning you will usually wait a long time in the waiting room b/c of overbooked appointments). But the Dr's there are second to none. They are Dr Debarros and Dr Orris. I hate to say it but I am sad they will not be my doc's anymore!

Good Luck!
Most Active