What is bowel prep? And why is it so bad? Maybe I shouldnt ask?

flyrep
on 9/4/07 5:55 pm - AZ
Okay my classes are on the 12th. I have NEVER heard of bowel prep ? Please educate me.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

ginau
on 9/4/07 10:38 pm - mesa, AZ
Shannon Plan to send the day in the toilet !!  Its a liquid you drink to clean you out internally, pick it up at walgreens - mix with  sprite and drink fast ( make sure it cold - very cold ) -
flyrep
on 9/4/07 11:32 pm - AZ
Yuk. Just what I want to be doing the day before wls. But Ill do it. I want this so bad Im dreaming about it.... thats when I can sleep!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

shanrenee
on 9/5/07 3:57 am - Avondale, AZ

The bowel prep is not as bad as I thought it would be. The stuff you have to drink is gross, but it really does not make you feel sick it just makes you go to the bathroom..a lot !!!!!  I just had surgery on Aug 14th and I started my prep at about 1pm and was in and out of the bathroom until about 6pm. It really is not much fun but looking back on it that was the easy part!  Good luck with your big day!!!

BoneyMaroney
on 9/9/07 3:23 am
Bowell prep was very univentful for me.  I drank a bottle of Magnesium citrate and in a few hours started having liquid bowell movement for about 4 hours then in the morning one more.  It wasn't bad at all. My colon is always pretty cleaned out anyway so for me it wasn't a big ordeal.

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
Most Active