OK! I made it to the other side!

karen_n_az
on 9/4/07 10:43 am, edited 9/4/07 10:50 am - Thatcher, AZ
I hurt like hell and my heart sometimes feels like its going to jump right outta my chest!  My butt all the way up to my kidneys hurts.  My room mate was pscho to say the least.  She threw her things across the room screamed to the top of her lungs that she was in pain and that she wasn't "an immigrant."  After hearing that for the 50th time I told her that "nobody cared if she was a damn immigrant or not!"  She told the nurses that she couldn't speak english but somehow could comprehend me telling a nurse, while she was in the bathroom, that she was pretty damn psycho.  HHmmmm?  Then she would scream some more about being in pain and then try to get out of bed.  My husband went and got things for her even.  The first night I was pretty happy with my morphine pump until the nurse caught psycho smoking in the room.  I was pretty out of it and didn't catch much of that conversation.  Later that night I caught her with her head in a plastic bag trying to smoke another cigarette.  I was pretty bent and called the nurse and told her I needed out of the room.  I went and slept in the waiting room with my morphine.  I don't know how long I was outta of the room but the nurse told me that they didn't have any other rooms available for me or her to move to.  I went back to the room and asked her if "she was feeling better after her smoke?"  I could've kicked her little non-immigrant ass after sleeping in a chair for god only knows how long.   Anyways off that subject.  I have one incesion that is a little warm and painful.  Its harder than the rest and I was wondering if just putting an icepack on it would help?  I also have some super stabbing pain in my shoulder.  It could be gas but it sure hurts a lot.  I know I need to move my butt around more but that shoulder pain makes me want to keep still.  I'm a big ol baby for sure.   what a fun time! let me know what you think! lottsa love  karen

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

ginau
on 9/4/07 11:10 am - mesa, AZ

Karen  Your poor thing ! what a rotten roomie you had    smoking in yor room ! guess its safe to say she didnt have surgery !!  - I am so sorry to hear that! But your home and on the mend!!geting more sleep and  rested finally ... thats what counts ..   Yes try hold and cold packs on incission  watch for  any oozing and call doc - Is it the left large port ?? camera site is always most painfull due to size !! neware the pain could last quite a while - but should get better.   How are the liquids doing?  make sure to push your water... umm ummm good !  and dont try to be overly  brave take the tylenol  or loatab when needed.. better a little doopie and in pain and grouchie like me !  Keeps us posted

karen_n_az
on 9/4/07 11:28 am - Thatcher, AZ
Thats exactly the site that hurts the worst.  ouch!!! I'm going to check my temp as soon as my husband gets back from karate with the kids. He has everything all put up and I have no idea where anything is anymore. Then I'm going to down some pain meds.  eewww liquid coden.  What ever works at this point.   Then I'm taking a shower. My friends have asked how I feel and I told them that I feel just a little better each day. Just enough to let me know I'm not dieing.   How long should I be feeling like this?  I was supposed to take a nursing exam today.  I just about cried while leaving a message on my teachers voice mail telling her that I was not going to make it in. 

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

ginau
on 9/4/07 10:43 pm - mesa, AZ
Every day gets a little better, Like with almost an surgery, make sure to get up and walk, That pain will get better too, BUT !!! it can hang around a while,  it was the biggest cut and more muscle and nerve  endings involved... hang in there and keep icepack / heat packing it .  watch for drainage and call the Dr office if it gets hard .you might have fluid built up in back of the incission .
shanrenee
on 9/5/07 4:06 am - Avondale, AZ
Karen, I am so sorry to hear about your hospital experience, that is just awful. I am happy to hear that you are home now, good thing it is only a 2 day stay. I had the same type of pain on my left side and it lasted a good two weeks, I am three weeks post op today and it is much better. I am still a bit tender in that area, but leaps and bounds better than before. This journey is harder than anticipated but try to focus on the rewards at the end. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better real soon.   Shannon
karen_n_az
on 9/5/07 7:55 am - Thatcher, AZ
My mom has told me to focus on the ends also.  hhmmm I'm wondering if I'm gonna make it that far.  Boy am I the biggest baby ever!  I can't believe what a wuss I've turned out to be.  Last night I was having my heart race terribly and I thought it was anxiety.  I called the local doc at the ER and he asked me to come in.  I went in and got all my labs done up.  I was dehydrated and had low potassium.  I also have jaundice.  I thought my skin was funny looking while still in the hospital but just questioned my mom about it.  I got 2 1/2 bags of IV fluid and a bag of potassium with a potassium pill crushed just to push a little more.  I feel a lot better.  I think I'm going to have to stop taking the hydrocodone that my surgeon perscribed me.  I took it this morning and must have sweated for hours while trying to get sleep.   What should I take to get rid of the pain?  Crushed tylenol? Also my little girl cut her hair while I was passed out in the recliner . My husband was away for a doctors appointment.  I set her up to play nick jr. on the comp. and I guess she found my scissors.  My husband wanted to go off on me.  I could see it in his eyes.  I told him to get away from me because I litterally could not breath because I was so upset.  what a week this has been!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/5/07 8:17 am - Tucson, AZ
You can get Tylenol in liquid form.  As the Pharmacist for it.  Sounds like you are having a rough go of it but things will get better.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active