HELP!!!! I Gained 10lbs

Celeste R
on 9/4/07 8:04 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am so bummed... I have gained back 10lbs after 2 years post op. I need help getting my behind back on track. I want to have my BMI back to 24.6 not 25.9.... What can I do to get this weight loss going???? Thanks for any advice that any of you can give....
johnb_az
on 9/4/07 11:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
  Glad to hear you have had your weight off for the last two years.  I hear that after a few years (up to 5) the malabsorption goes away.  How is your exercising coming?  I figure that when that part comes back I will gain a few pounds but hope that the exercise I do will keep off most of it.  I can live with a few extra pounds at that point.  I hope that is all I gain.  The option at this point would be to either cut back on calorie intake or increase your exercising.  Neither sound fun, but it is a way of life we all have to strive for.  How is your protein intake?  I hear that increasing your protein intake helps with weight loss.  I imagine Joyce will chime in soon with a lot more information for you.  Good luck, Doc
JRinAZ
on 9/4/07 12:59 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Doc! How bout I just say AMEN to your great advice!  Increasing protein is #1!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Celeste R
on 9/4/07 1:51 pm - Maricopa, AZ

Thanks for the advice. I think I am just in a slump that I need to get out of. My protein intake is really good. Believe it or not I never went back to bread,pasta or rice.... My one true weakness is CHOCOLATE!!!! I wish I could just give up chocolate chip cookies. I eat probably one to two every 2 days. So it is not to bad, well not good either.  Snackng is also a weakness. Other than that I do not eat high carb meals and I only drink water and sugar free drinks. After 2 years I still cannot eat very much at one sitting.  I think I need to find and exercise partner and a support group again. I am form Ca where I was very involved with many OH members. I am seriously lacking in the exercise department. Thanks again for your advise I will start writing down what I eat maybe I will be able to tell how much protein I am taking in. I will keep you posted...Take care and good luck with your weight loss. Celeste R.

JRinAZ
on 9/4/07 2:02 pm - Layton, UT
Celeste! How about hanging out here on the boards a bit more????  Sharing thoughts is very very motivating!  ......  You are sincerely invited to join us at the Chandler Support Group.  We have other Maricopa buds in our group! How about coming to the Obesity Help 3 day event here in Phoenix?  There will be oodles of us there to get tips on getting back on track and staying on track!  What have you got to lose?  He he he!!!!     GAINING information and great friends is #1 in becoming a LOSER! Good luck and stay with us!!! P.S.  The standard for getting back on track or busting a plateau is:  INCREASE:  water, protein, exercise DECREASE:  Carbs, calories, salt, cheese, nuts
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Celeste R
on 9/5/07 2:12 am - Maricopa, AZ

Thanks Joyce. I will be at the Phoenix event. What days are the support groups held on and what time? I work near the chandler area.  I will try to increase the water and protein. I eat light string cheese all the time. Is that contirbuting to the weight gain? As for nuts I snack on them evey so often. It sounds like I need to meet up with  a nutrionist again....Thanks gain I look forward to meeting you. Celeste

Most Active