THIS IS IT, SURGERY TOMORROW!!!

Jeanne G.
on 9/3/07 3:40 pm - Peoria, AZ
I have just finished (well not quite) my bowel prep for surgery tomorrow. Less then 12 hours away. I haven't had a minute to even think about it which I guess is good. My mom has been in the hospital since last monday and now at the rehab center. It's all about her lungs which will not get any better. She is on the decline and I honestly don't know from minute to minute what to think. My oldest sister came in yesterday from PA. She is supposed to be going on a cruise next saturday. No one knows what to think, one minute you think she may not be getting out of this place and the next you think she'll hang in for a while. Things have been quite stressful as you can imagine. My sister Mimi (I call her that because she is such a narcissist, you know me me me me), and my youngest sister Janet got in a huge fight in the middle of  a full restraunt on Saturday, I was mortified. I'll have to tell you that story when I am back on my feet. My Son and daughter inlaw are here for my surgery also. So you can see I have quite a bit going on and honestly haven't really thought much about it nor even believe anything is going on. Maybe once I get to the hospital. Well wish me luck! I'll see you guys on the losers bench in a few days.

Jeanne G

kathleen-ann
on 9/3/07 5:29 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
  Just to let you know ...I read your post...seems as if everybody else may be sleeping....thought I'd read some posts before bed myself...its 12:18 a.m.......your post hit my heart....made me think of me back on Feb. 16th 07 ....see my mom and I are very close .....Id follow her any where...followed her to Hot Arizona.........hate it here...hopefully if hubby gets a promotion....we'll be out of here met him in Az. in 1989 and move here in 1988.....Im my moms only daughter....she worried about my health constantly....she was very worried about my rny schedule in feb. 16th ...see the friday before she passed away....feb 9th she passed away ...very..very suddenly...( though she had health problems.) we put her to rest on feb.14 ( v-day) and i had surgery on that friday...feb. 16th...what a month....been hard without her .....I know she was my angel in that surgery room....I couldnt re-schedule the surgery.....had to do it....I've only lost 75 pounds since then....but---big but....my pain and health problems...are all gone.... Look I know you have your hands full ....and you will be in my heart and prayers ....believe me I'll will be thinking of you....I know you'll be fine...and feeling better soon.....after the surgery I was very emotional ....not only about my mom....but all the emotions of missing food ....and with the pain med's in ya ...( ya get a little emotional) if you can ...because you sound like you have your hands full get support from someone near by....or come to us....believe me there were times I'd type and cry at the same time..... I hope your sisters that were fighting ...chill out ....and I hope your  daughter and son-in-law are helpful....I wish you all the best with your mom..... You'll be fine ...god bless and best wishes.... and congrats on tomorrow.... love kathleen
kathleen-ann
on 9/3/07 5:34 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
hey I just realized you have Juarez ....heck your in good hands ...he's great...I had Fang ...he's in the office of Juarez...Juarez taught Fang....I wanted Juarez but my insurance  he didn't take  so I got Fang...your very lucky....he's the best....he's been on t.v. and eveything....great doctor....if you can get through the bowel prep...your sailing ....that bowel prep was worse than the surgery......and i ain't kidding.....god bless...kathleen..... hint of advice....make sure the nurses give you what you need in that hospital ...some of the nurses stink....
CutieTuti
on 9/3/07 7:56 pm
Well I am sorry to hear about all the other craziness in your life but I did want to wish you luck with your surgery and Welcome to the losers side. I not only will keep you in my prayers I will your mom as well. Good luck with tomorrow you will do just fine. Kelly
Cutie Tuti
westvalley
on 9/4/07 3:17 am - Glendale, AZ
Congratulations and Good Luck!!  Sorry to hear about your mom.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
johnb_az
on 9/4/07 12:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Good luck tomorrow!  See you  on the "loser side".  I hope your hospital stay is calm and quite for you. Take care, Doc
pwrightt
on 9/4/07 12:27 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Good luck. Dr.Juarez is the best. You are in good hands. Pam
flyrep
on 9/4/07 5:53 pm - AZ
As Im posting Im sure you already had your WLS. I hope all went well. Im so sorry about your mother. Family can be really nasty sometimes. Your in my prayers I cant wait to hear how your doing. Get some rest and dont forget to walk...

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

shanrenee
on 9/5/07 4:17 am - Avondale, AZ

By now you have had your surgery, I hope all went well. I hope your mom is doing better. I had Dr Juarez as well and he is great. I am 3 weeks post op and feeling much better. The next couple of weeks are going to be tough, but it get's a bit better every day.  Shannon

Most Active