Scottsdale Bariatric...have you had problems?

L. TP
on 8/31/07 6:50 pm, edited 9/11/07 1:32 pm

Just curious if anyone has had issues...

quiltz
on 9/1/07 2:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm so sorry you are having problems with them.  I have to be honest, they were very efficient with mine.
Nicole W.
on 9/1/07 8:01 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I would email your concerns to the office manager, Diane Giammarino for further assistance.  [email protected] I never had a problem with them as a pre-op, I was denied and they called me and told me what I needed to do to get approval.  Once I got the rest of the information to them, I faxed it over and a week later I got an email that I was approved, the next day I was scheduled for surgery and my pre-op packet was mailed to me with all my important dates on it.   I was just in the office on Thursday and it is unbelieveably busy.  Since Dr. Blackstone does have one of the best programs in Arizona and some insurance companies only approve her because of her program, so the wait is very long and I know there are some battles to handle with the office staff, but she is well worth the fustration sometimes. Good Luck to you! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Deanne K.
on 9/1/07 8:08 am - Tucson, AZ
They tend to have their communication problems, but seem to have worked on them and are getting better. Their care is great other than when you have complications.  I have waited almost a year for them to agree to do the surgery to fix the problem.  Have to lose 5 lbs. Deanne
ginau
on 9/1/07 8:54 am - mesa, AZ
Lynn  Sorry to hear your having problems , Be patient - I know it's hard but they have to work throught the process, make sure to get copies of all your tests- just in case your ins co. comes back and says they dont have em. I know S.B is a very busy office and with new employees it can take a little extra time,   Do you know why you have been denied ?? Your primary might be able to assist with a letter or follow up testing, ALso who is your insurance company?
L. TP
on 9/1/07 9:34 am
I am a state of arizona employee benefits with Schaller Anderson. 
Deanne K.
on 9/1/07 11:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Fight as hard as you can.  You can win. Deanne
dfavre
on 9/1/07 2:45 pm - Maricopa, AZ

Yes, Doc. Blackstone's office can be a mad house sometimes.  However, you really can't go wrong with selecting her as your surgeon!  I experienced my own paperwork losses, and even had to take my case to my corporate benefits manager to help.  But just as the other folks have said, as long as you get copies of everything, you are ok.   I know its frustrating, but keep at it! 

Judy M.
on 9/2/07 4:48 pm
I have had no problems with the pre op process or the people facililtating it.  I made certain I had everything I needed for the insurance requirements.  I had to do that.  Maybe relying on others to get the documentations together is not the best way to handle your pre op or insurance approvals. I was on the phone with my insurance company to find out what they required and I made sure I provided that to Joann prror to her submitting my case. I was approved within an hour of submission.

Felicia M.
on 9/3/07 5:57 am - Middle of Nowhere, PA
Trust me, I feel your pain!  I had major challenges dealing with the approval process and a couple of former emplyees.  I was on the phone with them daily, as a matter of fact, often several times a day.  It took at least 5 months from the time I was denied to get the paperwork submitted propewrly and approved by my insurance.  There have been several folks working in the insurance authorization area.  A year and a half ago it was Tish, and she was horrible, as in rude, condesending, lacked follow up and outright lied regularly.  Next Freda took over, she was much kinder and had better follow through skills, but I felt she was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the work.  I'm not sure who handles things now, but I wish you the best and encourage you to hang in there and remain persistent (I called them everyday to follow up, my insurance company would tell me one thing then they would tell me another so I'd call and say this is the latest, please clarify).   Dr. Blackstone is worth every bit of the hassle.  It's paid off for me, I'm loosing and have not had any complications.  I understand how frustrating the approval process can be, so hang in there and keep pushing ahead.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good Luck, Felicia
Most Active