low profile port

petesbaby
on 8/26/07 3:28 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Hi all... Does anyone have any information on the new low profile port?? My port is sticking out and the more weight i lose the more noticeable it becomes... Any info would be helpful. Thanks!!
poohspal
on 8/27/07 12:28 pm - AZ
I found this on another forum for Lap banders. Yep. it's an official Inamed product. I'm surprised your doc didn't realize that. It's been out for a bit of a while, and I was switched to an Inamed Low-Profile Access Port, also. It's flatter and is less likely to become 'prominent' as you lose weight. I was very pleased to get it, since I had the Old-School regular port before. Now if I continue losing, this should just continue to flatten out as I do. It's a lot less noticeable, in my opinion. Hope it helps.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
jenniebr
on 8/27/07 1:36 pm - queen creek, AZ
The low profile port has been available for a long time.  Several of the docs in town are putting them in with the new "AP" band.  The thought that the AP band will not require as many fills is the primary reason that docs are using it more.   I too have the regular port (banded 12/15/05).  I have an issue of it "sticking out". I am down over 120 since surgery and down to a size 4 so it REALLY sticks out. I do not want another surgery (unless its plastic surgery) so I will stick with my big port.  Its a good conversation piece!  I have a attached "show-n-tell". If you feel that its causing you enough discomfort or issue, call your doc and tell him you want it changed.  Remembering that its a surgical procedure to change it, one that insurance will not likely cover if its not medically needed. Good Luck and congrats on your loss! Jen
Most Active