Questions about plastic surgery - under 200!

Mikkilynn
on 8/25/07 9:58 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - Sorry for not posting in a while but it's been a crazy couple of months for me. But the best news since the last time that I posted is that my weight finally starts with a 1!!!!!!  I'm down about 70 pounds now, only have 60 pounds to get to my goal of 135. I'm down to a size 14 - 16, yahoo! Even though this is all terrific news, I'm still having a hard time with buying clothes. It seems like all the shirts at the store have flutter (very short) sleeves. I have bat wings and and absolutely can't have that hanging out!  Or the shirts are toooo short and you can see my belly sticking out. Anyone have suggestions of stores that carry shirts/tops that will work? It's already apparent that I'm going to need some plastic surgery. Does anyone know about how much it costs to remove the bat wings and get a breast lift with & without implants? And do I have to wait until I hit my goal weight before I can get started?  Joyce - any info would be greatly appreciated! Well take care and look forward to hearing from everyone! Michelle 262/195/135
JRinAZ
on 8/25/07 3:08 pm - Layton, UT
Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooo!  High Fives!  Congrats!  Weigh 2 go Michelle on the the weight loss!  You are such a LOSER!!!!  he he he!!!! O.K..........so here's the basics about plastics following successful weight loss.... 1.  Be at a steady weight (preferabnly the weight you want to be at) for  around 3 months. 2.  Arms are the exception to the rule.  Arms and breast lifts can be done while a person is still losing "if" they have started to slow down with their weight loss. 3.  Augmentation (implants) should usually be done "after" the tummy tuck so that skin is not stretched in opposing directions. (for optimum results.) And....the main point is that no 2 people are alike and that  points 1 through 3 may not be true for you.........Sooooooooooooo...........best advice.........come see Dr. Gitt for a FREE consult and find out the exacts for your personal "best" results! In fact, you can meet him and see some great pics this coming Tuesday.  He will be presenting at the  Chandler Support Group and EVERYONE is invited. And/or you can meet him in September at the Prescott support group...........and/or you can sign up for a free consult with him at the big Phoenix  O.H. event the end of October.  But, if you want to just come into the office then we can give you oodles of TLC and personalize your quotes. If you want to call me at work then I can give you "ballpark" prices.  When someone has more than one procedure then there are "multiple procedure" discounts.  Sometimes people have hernias which can offset the total price of the pkg,  sometimes they get the panniculectamy piece of it covered by insurance which offsets the pricing as well.  One girl  came in last week (who is one of our support friends from this board) and will have all of her procedures covered with just a co-pay.  Sooooooo.....it's difficult to just give a random quote. O.K. so did you really expect me to give a short answer!  LOL!  .........I tend to get excited when someone is ready to wave the magic wand (aka as plastics) and have the hangy stuff disappear!  It's Magical!!!! And after all the hard word of losing the weight....It is a reward that is well deserved! You are doing Fantastic!!!! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Judy M.
on 9/2/07 5:02 pm
TOTALLY!  I know the insurance will cover skin procedures if the skin is causing rubbing sores and such from it hanging onto itself.  If the skin removal is cosmetic insurance won't cover it but if it is necessary do to the sores and skin irritations from it rubbing on itself then insurance covers it.

JRinAZ
on 9/3/07 2:41 am - Layton, UT
Just in case everyone assumes that all plastic surgery could be billed as "medically necessary" or "reconstructive".  ..... and  not wanting you to rush on over assuming the entire body can be submitted for insurance because the skin is causing a rash.........Here is a bit of clarification..... points.... 1.  SOME insurances will cover specific things with the right paper trail and proof..  (show your pcp your rash and make sure they  enter the info in their chart notes) 2.  The 3 most common possibilities are A.  panniculectamy  B.  Hernia Repair C.  breast reduction. the problem is that a hernia repair doesn't pay for any plastics, it just offsets some of the O.R. and anesthesia costs.  A panniculectamy is simply a skin amputation (many assume that insurance will cover a full tummy tuck).  And very few successful weight loss patients need a breast reduction!  Most of us are empty tubes or flat as a pancake and the "lift" and/or "fluff" is not covered by insurance. There is false chatter that arms, thighs, etc. can be covered by insurance simply because the skin is hanging, flapping, rubbing, or bugging us..... BUT.....if you have a great PPO with out of network benefits then there are possibilities!  I think you'll find that there's only one p.s. in our area that will even work with you for insurances......AND....you can have a FREE consult with him  either at his ofrice or if you shoot me an e-mail then you could have one at the O.H. National Event the end of Oct. You can give me a call to see if YOUR insurance is one that would cover some of of the body contouring costs. We deserve to have our suit coat taken in with some nips and tucks so we look pressed and lovely!  There is creative financing available.............don't  just write off the possibility of having your own magical makeover......  contnue the journey........ Joyce @ North Valley Plastic Surgery 480 991-6877
Mikkilynn
on 8/26/07 11:32 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks so much Joyce for your encouraging words and helpful information. I will definitely give you a call to get a ballpark figure for the two procedures. As well as, try to attend the meeting on Tuesday. I am looking forward to meeting the doctor.  Thanks again, Michelle
Judy M.
on 9/2/07 4:59 pm

Breast lift is about $5000-7000 and the arms are about $4000 each depending on the specitic procedure. I would go for the under arm procedure and not opt for the total arm lenth 'seam'

Most Active