a few "wow" moments

M. clarke
on 8/20/07 3:52 pm
I had a wow moment today. Well two of them actually. The first when I tried on a size 18 pair of jeans and was thinking the entire time I was pulling them on that I was never going to get them over my butt, and they fit! So I pulled out another size 18 pair of jeans out of my closet (different brand) and those fit too! Okay. They were tight.  But I got them both snapped and zipped!!!!  I started this process at some place over a size 32 so that was a pretty big WOW moment for me. I was so excited I wore them out to the video store even though it was way to hot to be wearing jeans. My second wow moment was when I realized that I have lost what I originally set for my goal weight. 135 pounds. I have since moved my goal up to 140 pounds as everyone always gasps when I tell them my goal weight and says how sickly I will look. Has anyone else encountered this? I find it kind of annoying. I am a long ways away from my goal. And it is not a firm goal. Only time will tell what my actual goal will be. I just believe that it is best to shoot for the best goal, and then adjust if needed. Perhaps it will be 160 pounds instead of 135 pounds. When I reach the right weight for me I will know it, and then I will maintain it. I think I might just start saying I don't have a goal. But what is with the sudden concern of me losing too much weight from my family and friends?? I know they are happy that I am not morbidly obese any longer, but not so sure they are so keen on me continuing to lose weight. I don't think it is a conscious thing on their part, but I hear it in little comments they make. "oh I have to go on a diet, pretty soon you'll be skinnier then me" or "You shouldn't lose anymore weight. Not everyone is meant to be skinny"  so on so on. I do know that they all love me and would never mean to be hurtful me, and they are just dealing with their own issues, family is family. And everyone has their role. It is just very interesting to see how they are reacting now that I am closing the weight gap.
Lady Lithia
on 8/20/07 5:06 pm
Congratulations on your WOW moment! I have drawers full of clothing I haven't worn in over six years. don't know why I never threw it away. I hope to have my own wow moments as I rediscover (and then discard) those size 18s. :) 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

M. clarke
on 8/21/07 4:06 pm
Thank you! I have been ditching everything once I shrink out of it. Well, selling it on ebay, or donating it anyways. I am determined not to keep anything I can grow back into. Luckily I didn't throw anything away on the way up so I had lots of clothing to shrink into. Although most of it is out of style. LOL. I figure it only fits for a few months so I don't really care. The less I have to spend on shopping now, the more I can spend when I get to my goal!
poohspal
on 8/21/07 12:50 am - AZ
That is just wonderful!!   Don't worry about your family but I think its agood idea if you don't mention your "goal weight" anymore. That is just for you.  Your right,  you will know what is right for your body and when you hit that it will be your weight to maintain. So don't worry about a number for the Fam, they don't need it!   Grreat Job on the 18!!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
M. clarke
on 8/21/07 4:03 pm
Thank you! Yes I think I will keep it to myself now! Thank you for your support :) Always appreciated :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/07 3:25 am - AZ

H Melissa how are you?? Itsn't it cool to wear stuff that was put away a long time ago. I am to the point where some ot the clothes that were in my "clothes coffin" are too big!!! Alot of them still fit though.  you know I have had the same reaction from people, not my family but from other women who say do you really have another 30 lbs to lose, and I say yes I do, I want to be a size 8. But I was always the biggest in my family so everyone is pretty supportive of my wt loss.  You keep up the good work are you still losing??? I am but slowwwww Take care and talk to you soon...Hugs, Erin

M. clarke
on 8/24/07 5:05 am
Thanks Erin! Yes the clothes fitting is one of the best parts of it!  The only problem is that I spent so much time in baggy over sized clothing it is interesting to figure out what to wear, and what my style is. If that makes sense. New body shape and all. Yes I am still losing :) It is coming off slowly, but I don't mind. I'm sure as I was gaining weight hitting a size 18 didn't feel good, but hitting it on the way down sure feels amazing! It seems I may have developed an ulcer though :( Not for sure. Just a guess. Randy said thats what it sounds like. So I have kinda felt a bit icky this week. How about you? Still feeling okay?
Most Active