Pre-op testing done!

karen_n_az
on 8/20/07 3:41 pm - Thatcher, AZ
I'm on a ten day count down already!  YAAAA! Has anyone had problems with their pre-op tests?  I had all mine done on the 16th and I haven't heard anything from my doctors office.   thanks guys!

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

M. clarke
on 8/20/07 4:00 pm
The only thing I had a problem with is that they forgot to order one of the blood tests. So I had to run over to the hospital the Friday before Monday surgery to have blood drawn to test for something. I think it was like potassium. Your doctor should call you if they don't have them, but I would definitely call your doctor to confirm they received everything. I didn't have any problems other then that however I have heard people on the board say that they got to the hospital and the hospital didn't have their test results. So if you had cardiac work ups or anything like that you might want to make sure you have a copy of the test results with you the morning of the surgery just in case. 10 days! Wow it's going to fly by!
flyrep
on 8/20/07 5:54 pm - AZ
Im so happy for you! I have all my testing sept 12th! Time is flying! Youll be losing in no time!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

justcuz
on 8/20/07 10:40 pm - Maricopa, AZ

It was my pre-tests that set me back originally last November. Dr Fang pulled me in his office and asked if anyone contacted me about my sonogram. He then had to tell me that it looked like one of my ovaries had become the size of a football. A few tests later, it turned out it was a big as a basketball and my RYN became a hysterectomy instead. The good news it wasn't cancerous, and here I sit today finally done.

I debated telling you this, but in the end, if it wasn’t for the decision to do this surgery and the pre-tests, god only knows what would have happened. So in the end, it ended up being a good thing.  So, no news is good news.

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

karen_n_az
on 8/22/07 10:20 am - Thatcher, AZ
Thank you all for your replies!  I've been having ultrasounds for the past year, so I should be good to go with that and if they forget to run a lab after all the blood they took from me I'll be forced to have a BF!   I'm still calling to CYA!!!! thanks again! K

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

Most Active