Greetings from Minnesota

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/07 9:18 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Hi Arizona, I'm from Minnesota.  The reason I'm posting here is that I have a possible job interview in Phoenix in the next couple of weeks.  I'm very active (at least lately) on the Minnesota forum and have made many new friends.  In a scenario where I get a job in Phoenix, I'm hoping to make a bunch more friends on here.  I know nothing of Phoenix or Arizona for that matter, and would hope that this group might be as helpful as the MN group would be for new OH family members moving around. A big thing in MN is coffee gatherings....though I have not yet been to one, I do love coffee.  So, my point is, maybe there is someone on here that would enjoy a cup with an almost complete stranger. So for now, this is just a simple hello.  Perhaps in a few weeks it will be HELP ME I'M MOVING.  It's a long shot, but at least the interview part is certain (if I want it).  Paul
ginau
on 8/19/07 9:23 am - mesa, AZ
Paul  Come on out the weather is wonderfull right now !! Hot as H_ll  and humid too !! ( shouldnt last too much longer - I hope )   depending on where in the valley you might end up , there are a few support groups  that meet !! 
M. clarke
on 8/19/07 11:13 am
Hi Paul, Welcome to the Board, and possible welcome to Arizona! Great luck with your job interview!
CK777
on 8/19/07 1:38 pm - Avondale, AZ

Hi Paul Welcome to the AZ board. Good luck on your job interview if you do come out for it. The winters are much nicer here than MN but the summers are a BitXX. I am from Chicago and wouldn't go back for anything, been here since 2002 and moved here in the intense heat. There are quite a few different gathering here it just depends on what part of town you end up as the valley is wide spread. Keep us updated on when you are coming out and once again good luck. Cathy

quiltz
on 8/19/07 5:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You can certainly sell the old snowblower if you end up coming here!  The neat part of living here is we are about 2 hours away from the mountains so we can always go someplace cooler (well, most of the time anyway).  Sedona is a fantastic getaway for a weekend.  The sports teams are great **** hockey too).  The wls community is kind of "spread out" across the valley.  As another poster said, it will depend on the part of town you live in as to how active the group will be.  There are great doctors here for your follow-up.  In the west, everyone seems to be into hiking, biking, walking, jogging, etc.  Nothing like getting the body to agree to all the moving around!  Good luck with your interview.
Most Active