Star Jones- Again

lemarie22
on 8/16/07 12:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Several weeks ago, someone posted about Star Jones so I thought you might be interested... She was on Good Morning America this morning and when asked why she didn't just come out and say that she had WLS basically she said this (I'm paraphrasing): She had made a career of being big and convincing herself and everyone else that she was fine, it was good to be big.  The larger she got, the more outrageous she became with bigger hair, bigger jewelry, bigger behavior.  She felt that if she admitted that she had wls, it would have been like saying she had been living a lie because she never was OK with being big.   You can see it here:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3486833 I think she's on again tomorrow. Connie
Jeanne G.
on 8/16/07 2:47 am - Peoria, AZ
I think she is going to be on Larry King either tonite or tomorrow.

Jeanne G

shannonross
on 8/16/07 3:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
She is also going to be on Channel 3 tomorrow (Good Morning Arizona).
Arizona_Sun
on 8/16/07 4:18 am - Gilbert, AZ
It is good that she is finally stepping up to the plate and being honest.  I can relate to how she felt in many ways, but I did not hide my surgery.  Then again, I am not in the public eye as she is.   My single objection to her over this whole thing is that she wrote a book purporting to tell people how she lost weight and she was not honest about how she lost weight.  No one forced her to write a book and lead desperate people on about how to lose their obesity.   I have not seen her doing the circuit about the RNY so I have no idea if she is addressing the book issue or if the question is even being asked of her. 

Sandra B. View my journal and educational pages at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 "Trust your own instinct.  Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s."  –Billy Wilder  "Know your labs and track your trends."  

Candi Y.
on 8/16/07 7:34 am - Cottonwood, AZ
   SORRY STAR JONES - But I have a hard time with it, anybody knows that a morbidly obese person IS NOT fine with themselves, we act strong and try not to let our weight hold us back, but we all know we are not fine and Star Jones wasn't just obese, she was morbidly obese and her strong personality is what had people look past her obesity,       BUT HER LIE............ and did she think we were all stupid......... Come on now...  She pleading to us now because she has pissed people off, ya know theres a saying " HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY"  Sorry Mrs. Jones but you should have used that policy cause I think your lie is going to hurt your career..  Just had to pipe in..  Good Day All!
lemarie22
on 8/16/07 12:44 pm - Glendale, AZ
I can understand the lie and the trap that she set for herself.  I can see how she got caught up in all of it.  It's hard to back out of a lie and come clean.  Not excusing her behavior, I can just see how it would happen.   I spent 20 years telling people that I was fine with being fat when nothing could have been further from the truth. On the other hand, all of this coming clean and public soul searching comes right before the debut of her new show and she seems to be on an awful lot of talk shows lately.  I don't seem to make the talk show circuit when I have something to confess, but then again, I don't have a publicity machine behind me promoting my new show.  I'm just finding the timing of all of this a little too suspicious to take her contriteness seriously. Connie
Candi Y.
on 8/17/07 2:58 am - Cottonwood, AZ
EXACTLY Connie - Its been how many years since her surgery.... and right before shes attempting to get her OWN show she comes clean and is all over our TV's begging for forgivness, I am a very forgiving person, but I'm also not someone to MANIPULATE either, GOOD TRY STAR, I wont be watching.....
quiltz
on 8/17/07 10:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
Personally, I don't have any need to watch her no matter what!  Her weight loss aside, I get bored with her "in your face" nastiness.
M. clarke
on 8/17/07 4:43 pm
Did anyone listen to her on Larry King? Hypothetical Question: If she had gotten her breast removed after having breasts cancer, and lied and said she just got a breast reduction because she wasn't prepared emotionally to face the public with that situation do you think people would be as upset? Of course not. People would completely understand that. People are hating on her because she lost weight with weight loss surgery, and what it comes down to is in there minds it is "Cheating". And that makes them mad. It is ignorance. And I praise her for coming forward and having the courage to opening up the minds of American's that this isn't an easy fix. That this does take work. That you do have to exercise. That people do die from this surgery. That is is a serious surgery That people do get sick. That this surgery is for people who are seriously obese with serious medical issues. She spoke humbly, and intelligently, and I will absolutely give her my support. We have all been complaining her on the board how no one in the media gives a real aspect of the surgery and what it is really like. Well Ms. Jones did!! FINALLY!!!! Someone who has come forth and done what we have all been complaining and wishing someone would do. I am so very glad that she is getting the proper message out there!! Even Larry King did not understand what the WLS was until she explained it to him. There is so much ignorance about WLS. I personally don't think it is any of our business how or why she lost weight, nor more then I think it is any of our business about any illness of anyone superstar or regular person, but I am so glad that she has decided to come forth and share her story!
M. clarke
on 8/17/07 5:11 pm
p.s. I keep reading here, and hearing on t.v. that she "lied" about having WLS. The only thing I ever heard her say was that she had she had medical intervention and that wasn't prepared to discuss it further. Did anyone ever hear her say "I didn't have weight loss surgery?" I never heard that. As far as I know she never said that. She didn't want to talk about it so the media made out of what they wanted to make out of it. Everyone else just filled it in for themselves. She just attempted to keep this very serious medical procedure and condition to herself as would someone with any serious medical condition. I didn't see her on Good morning America, but as far as on Larry King she wasn't pleading for anyone's forgiveness. She was very intelligent, and eloquent. Again. Until America is ready to understand that being obese is a serious medical condition, and not just a glamor issue people are not going to be understanding. Hopefully she will be able to open some eyes to that.
Most Active