I Made it!!

poohspal
on 8/10/07 6:00 am - AZ
Hello Friends. Just wanted to post that I am home banded and on my way to svelt new me! I had the Lap Band surgery on Wednesday and this is the first day that I have been friendly enough to chat with anyone. The pain was much worse then I had planned on.   I was prepared for the terrific gas pains that everyone talks about.  I was burping pretty well so I thought I had that beat. Turns out its supposed to come out both ends, so as soon as I learned that little tidbit I upped my walking, as painful as that was, and did some slow silly moves during that time and I "produced" some relief. Today is much better which means tomorrow will be even better.Would I do it again? you bet!  Just not tomorrow.  I  lost 13 pounds in the pre-op diet which means I am offically lighter then I have been in 9 years.  Life is a blessing and so was this surgery.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
ElleVixen
on 8/10/07 6:17 am - Mesa, AZ
Congratulations! I just got mine two weeks ago and the gas thing is a bit of an annoyance.  But I have lost 13 pounds so I am excited and I am sure it is going to come off for you so quickly and by then the pain will be just a dream.  Good luck!!!
johnb_az
on 8/10/07 2:07 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the "loser" side.  I hope everything goes well during your road to recovery. Take care
Candi Y.
on 8/12/07 5:00 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Way To Go Pooh.........  The pain will be a thing of the past soon enough.....  As you already do use this board as a means of support and communication, its a GOD SENT.  Keep us us posted and you too will BE AMAZING.........  Good Luck!
poohspal
on 8/12/07 6:00 am - AZ
thank you for the love and support it's what has gotten me this far.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
flyrep
on 8/17/07 5:50 am - AZ

Im so happy for you! How are you feeling now that its been over a week? 13 pounds WOW! Way to go!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

poohspal
on 8/17/07 6:31 am - AZ
Hey!  Just the last couple of days have I felt like I was gonna make it through Now I am just really fatiqued and sore. But its over and I am starting.  I am about 20 pounds down now.  It's easy when you don't eat!  How is your journey going?  I see you chose another Doc but what surgery did you decide to go with?
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
flyrep
on 8/17/07 7:04 am - AZ

I’m still going to have the bypass. I don’t know how to remove the surgery from my profile?? I must have up it on not knowing the real name. Anyway Yep I’m going with Dr. J I would have totally went with Dr. S if I wanted an open bypass. My hubby and I choose to go lap, as the recovery is shorter. With two little ones I need to feel 100% asap. Hubby also has TWO student teachers starting this month which never happens so his need to be back to work is greater then before. Dr J also goes in and does a double stitch as does DR. S. I choose the Dr. with the most numbers doing lap. I also looked at rates of death with all 6 Dr.'s I went to. I hate that I will be at the oldest hospital in AZ but I want the Dr. that has the most years and experience with RYN bypass. I wish I could have Dr. S's person and Dr. J education with WLS together! I really really liked Dr S person. He is so down to earth. Easy to talk with and I know he would have always called me back. I'll have to grow a backbone when dealing with a couple of the ladies at Dr J's office. But the fact that my father in laws knows Dr J I seem to be taken care of faster then what some people say they have been. When I have questions Dr J calls me back within the day so I’m feeling okay with that. Just trying to get ready for my date. I’m almost there! I posted the 2:30 am cant sleep to see everything I have done to date. I truly am so happy for you. It’s my understanding that the feeling tired goes away after a few weeks. And 20 POUNDS WOW! I bet you’ll start feeling better soon. I talked with my bishop last night. I only told two good friends from church. He was very supportive which made me feel better you know. Have u made it to church since your band?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

poohspal
on 8/17/07 7:09 am - AZ
nope. I am the nursery coordinator we have 4 full nurseries with a real need for a 5th.  its crazy and I usually end up in one of the rooms on the floor playin so i thought I better wait one more week, but I am goin this week for sure.  I am glad you like the Doc you got, it's very important.  To change things at you pic I think you go to user settings at the left.  good luck
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active