Do you remember?

justcuz
on 8/9/07 1:15 pm - Maricopa, AZ

As you began to lose weight either pre-op or post-op, do you recall the feeling you had when you had more spring in your step and just stopped hurting in certain areas? Your shoulders back. And just a general feeling that you had lost way more weight than you actually did since you felt so good.  I had one of those moments today. I was running around for work getting in and out of my truck and as the day went on I realized how easy it was and how I was not in the pain that I normally am. How my shoulders were back and I was walking straight.  I felt like I had lost 50 pounds, not just the 17 pre-op pounds.  Got me wondering if any of you recall that moment you felt "Lighter on your feet".

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

JRinAZ
on 8/9/07 1:46 pm - Layton, UT
I LOVE your post! I remember one day making my "to do" list for the day.  All of a sudden I got all soggy cuz my list was an entire page long!  As a pre-op I used to plan my day over ONE event!  ....going to the doctor was an outing instead of something I fit between a workout , a day of work, shopping  and a few other odds and ends! There is definitely more to life when we are packing less of ourselves!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Candi Y.
on 8/10/07 12:10 am - Cottonwood, AZ
I remember just about a week after Banding and I was down about -15lbs and took my walk, it was still kinda short, but my ANKLES didn't hurt and I thought it can't be from only 15lbs.. but I haven't felt my ankle pain since..................  Now down -66Lbs and just feel like I almost could start jogging!  Good Luck and Keep Up The Great Work!
lemarie22
on 8/10/07 11:43 am - Glendale, AZ

No matter what my weight, I've always been very active. It just took me a long time to do things because I would have to stop and rest between pulling the laundry out of the dryer and getting it moved to the couch to fold.  I never stopped doing things, I would just have to rest 10 minutes for every 5 minutes of work I did.  Sweep 1/4 of the patio and sit and wait for my breathing and heart rate to return to normal before I moved to the next section.  One day I was laying ceramic tile on the floor and realized that I had been working for hours without stopping.  I also realized that I wasn't clinging to the counter for dear life as I hauled myself up off the floor.  I had been getting up and down and going back and forth to the garage to cut tile for hours.  I'd been hauling boxes of tile and bags of thinset and mixing it up with no effort.   Connie

justcuz
on 8/10/07 2:30 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I hope to have the sam thing happen when I work on my rental homes. Right now I can't keep working through the projects. Lot os start and stopping. I can't wait to keep working through it.   :-)

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

Most Active