Visitors while @ the hospital

karen_n_az
on 8/8/07 5:38 pm - Thatcher, AZ

I was wondering, while at the hospital, if anyone was allowed to have a family member stay in the room with them over night?  My mom is quite worried about me and asked me this today.  Also has anyone had their children visit them while at the hospital or are they supper strict on keeping all children at a distance like normal.  I believe I will be having my surgery at St Lukes. thanks lots!

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

flyrep
on 8/8/07 5:54 pm - AZ

Hi there, Im almost sure it you are sharing a room with other person you can not have family stay. BUT it you get a privt. room Im sure it can be worked out.

I will be in a privt. room at St Lukes I told them I would have family stay and they didnt seem to mind. So....

Im having Dr J do my WLS. Dr J and you Fang are in the same office.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

shanrenee
on 8/9/07 7:33 am - Avondale, AZ

Karen, I am having surgery on 8/14 with Dr Juarez at St Lukes. I just went through my teaching day this week. They did not say is you could have a family member sleep over, but they did say that only children 12 and over could visit in your room. They did say if you were up to it that you could visit with your younger children in the waiting area on the 6th floor. The nurse also said that unless you request it that you will most likely have a roommate. The nurse advised to check with your insurance to see if they will cover a private room. I hope this helps and good luck with your big day!!! Shannon V.

Jeanne G.
on 8/9/07 8:04 am - Peoria, AZ
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that you could have someone stay. Just call the hospital or Kelly and ask. My surgery is on 9/4. When are you going to your teaching day, mine is 8/28.

Jeanne G

M. clarke
on 8/9/07 10:35 am
I wasn't at St. Lukes. I was up at Shea. My friend stayed overnight with me, and my brother brought my nieces who were 2 and 3 years old to visit me. It wasn't a problem there. But they also have all private rooms. Not sure if it is different at St. Lukes.
pwrightt
on 8/9/07 10:53 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I was at St.Lukes and had a private room. It only cost about $260 more total. It was well worth it. They put a cot in the room and my daughter was allowed to spend the night. My granddaughter was 10 and was allowed to see me Good luck Pam
karen_n_az
on 8/9/07 5:42 pm, edited 8/9/07 5:42 pm - Thatcher, AZ
Well my pre-op class was scheduled for the 21st but I have to get it taken care of on the 14th.  The nursing program starts here on the 20th and I really want to try to get in as much class time as possible so I'm heading in a week early.  I have to turn right around and head back to Phoenix on the 16th for all the pre-op tests.   Good thing is that my hunny has promised me a nice dinner on the 14th and then I'm heading to Tombstone with my babies on the 18th.   I don't mind sharing a room at all.  I can handle any roommate.  Besides I was thinking of taking my laptop and headphones.  I really want to keep out of the room as much as possible and get my system up and running ASAP.  Keeping my fingers crossed. My son is 10 so maybe he can sneak in under the wire.  My little girl just turned 4 and I doubt that she will be allowed in but it gives me that much more incentive to move my butt to go and see her.

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

Most Active