Boy am I gonna be in trouble! Protein drinks.

flyrep
on 8/7/07 2:22 pm - AZ

I bought Body Fortress Chol. at walmart.... Is there anyway to make it better? I bud's are wanting to kill me! YUK! I also ordered some protein from before and after's website. I havent got it yet. I thought I would start to try out the protein thing now.  Its freak'n gross!

Oh Im so in trouble! lol

I'll do better I know but good heavens I never thought Id react like this!

I got a few brands down on paper from my other post thanks guys. I look into them!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/07 2:32 pm
I'm in the same boat. I thought I'd try them out before surgery and that was a mistake. I only tried one and it was GROSS! Usually I can choke something down even if I don't like it but this was completly untolerable. At least I have around a hundred more samples to try. Something has got to work, right? heatherh
flyrep
on 8/7/07 2:53 pm - AZ
Where did you get the samples at ? I have no idea where to look....

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Arizona_Sun
on 8/8/07 12:41 am - Gilbert, AZ
A good source for protein samples is www.vitalady.com.  I remember trying a variety of flavors before surgery.  I was lucky in that my favorite protein pre-op continued to be my favorite post-op.  For many the taste buds change so much that they can't stand what they like pre-op.  So, it is best to have a large supply of samples on hand so that you can sort out what you do and do not like, then order the big canister.   What I have ended up settling on that I like and that keep my protein, albumin, and preablumin levels up is a combination of two protein powders:  Champion Pure Whey Stack chocolate and ProScore 100 chocolate.  I use the PS100 scoop and do one of each for a shake made with water (I use 8 ounces cold water) and this provides 30 grams of protein and 167 calories.  I do three of these a day to keep my levels in a good range (I target Protein at 7.0).   Many people like the Nectar whey, but I cannot tolerate as it is an isolate and I dump on it.  Some people have a problem with it.  The Nectars come in various fruit flavors and tea flavors. What I like about the vitalady site is that she actually taste tests the products that she carries and has carefully selected products that she feels will benefit us.  She also carries a large assortment of vitamins and minerals, some of them in the form or dose that is hard to find. 

Sandra B. View my journal and educational pages at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 "Trust your own instinct.  Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s."  –Billy Wilder  "Know your labs and track your trends."  

flyrep
on 8/8/07 6:28 pm - AZ
HI there, Where do u buy these brands? How r the dogs?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Arizona_Sun
on 8/9/07 2:41 am - Gilbert, AZ
I order my protein powder from www.vitalady.com   I believe Nutrition Warehouse (local) can get teh ProScore 100 for you and I know they carry the Champion Pure Whey Stack because I occasionally run low before an order and pick one up.  I usually do a HUGE order to vitalady every 5 months or so and that save on shipping fees.  I purchase all of my anticipated protein, vitamin and mineral needs at the same time.  This takes planning and budgeting though.  I keep an inventory sheet hanging in my pantry so that I know what I have on stock in the way of vitamins and minerals.  The ratio of PS100 to Whey stack that I use is about 2 1/2 canisters (2lb) of the PS100 to 1 canister (5 lb) of the whey stack.  If I run low on the PS100 before an order I will pick up Matrix 5.0 at Nutrtion warehouse and use it in place of the other, but that is only an emergency type of thing.  My protein levels do best with the particular combination that I use on a regular basis.   Dogs are doing well.  Puppy, Stealth, is up to 25.6 pounds now at 4+ months.  He will be about 50 pound mature.  

Sandra B. View my journal and educational pages at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 "Trust your own instinct.  Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s."  –Billy Wilder  "Know your labs and track your trends."  

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/07 5:00 am
I ordered from Unjury, Beth's protein boutique (may be closd now), and weight loss surgery supplies which has a 70 sample pack that comes to about $100 with shipping, the order arrived short and took a long time to get to me.
alligatorpgr
on 8/7/07 3:41 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

Hi there, I've got a bunch of samples if you want them.  Just pm your address to me and I will send them along.  I tried everything in the world before surgery, and now can't tolerate any of them besides the Profect protein bullets.  Good luck, and if you want the samples, just let me know. ;-)  Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

flyrep
on 8/7/07 5:44 pm - AZ
You've got a pm. Thanks so much!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Nicole W.
on 8/7/07 5:58 pm, edited 8/7/07 5:58 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

Just my opinion and from my experience...  I would stay away from drinking them as a pre-op.  I found the ones I tried as a pre-op I loved and then after they surgery, I hated them.  And vice versa for the ones I couldn't tolerate prior, I loved them. I drank Worldwide Protein Shakes, pre-made and they sell them at Sprouts in cans.  I think there are 35grams per can.  This are ones I tried pre-op and didn't like and after a few weeks of sucking down Isopure and other nasty stuff, I actually loved them when I bought some more. Just be cautious... your tastes do change drastically after surgery.  It's like a switch that goes on or something.  It's weird. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active