B-12 I did it !

ginau
on 8/5/07 8:26 am - mesa, AZ
Ok it went against my grain but I actually gave myself my own B-12 shot !  Was not as bad as I thought it would be,   I got the Insulin needles and was easier than I expected -  So now I am wondering  when does  the energy surge kick in? I guess once a week wont kill me !  
JRinAZ
on 8/5/07 12:55 pm - Layton, UT
Weigh 2 go Jeanna!!!!  Hopefully yuor B12 kicks in just at the right moment!  Mine usually revs up about 3 a.m.!  (sigh) I'm proud of you for doing a shot all by yourself.!  I used to have to do insulin shots but haven't done any since WLS.  Now I take my Trader Joe's sublingual B 12 morning and night so I don't have to take B12 shots!  Ouch!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

CINABOBINA
on 8/6/07 4:03 am
Shot was not bad - in the tummy  little needle,  it Kicked in about 11:00pm  - i was up  most of the night - kinda grouchy now !    then randy called and told me  my B1 is low -  SOOOOO   I am doubling up on that one ..
Lady Lithia
on 8/15/07 8:41 am
When I was in a college I had a doctor prescribe me B-12 shots. My memory says they were every other day, but retrospectively I don't think it was that frequent. I had a roommate who gave me the shots, and that was great, but then I moved out, and had to give them to myself. I did okay but it took me longer and longer to nerve myself to poke that needle in, until finally there was a day  that I just sat there with my pants down for 2 hours trying to nerve myself to take the shot, and when I couldn't do it, I pulled up my pants, and threw the stuff away.  I've missed it, and the energy boost it gave me. As I've gotten larger and larger and my energy levels seem to always be depleted, I've found myself wanting that energy boost again. Am I crazy to WANT to have to have shots if I am ever approved for this surgery? Of course now I have a hubby who will have to learn how to give them to me. It was never the pain that deterred me because they were mostly painless... it was the IDEA of having the shots.
JRinAZ
on 8/15/07 11:25 am - Layton, UT
b12 shots are definitely an immediately source of energy for most BUT if shots are not you thing then don't miss out on the nutrition!  Go to Trader Joe's and buy a box (think Christmas colors: red and green box) of sublingual B12.  These are tiny tastsless dots you put under your tongue that dissolve in a second.  You can not overdose on B12 so taking one morning and night is fine.  My hubby and I have had high B12 counts contniually since our surgeries almost 5 years ago and have never had a B12 shot. Good luck with all!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active